Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 PM

Sorry folks but i am about ready to put on a pr of shorts and put on my tank top today. But that is going to be Very short lived as the rain is a comin Wed. I did go out and get my fabric for this trip. I am making this for my sister and she has apples in her kitchen. Hope the way I have A-D in a good order.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401270[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sdc12252.jpg  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:37 PM

ok, ok tomarrow at 6 a.m. click on this link for a spectacular sunrise lighting up the pacific ocean
this is a live camera so at night all you see is the night life along PCH

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=7602707
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Nelco, I just love your choice in fabric
Old 03-11-2013, 06:02 PM

A friend and fellow guild member told me about your mysteries but I never could find them. Having found this I'm really excited. Thanks Vicki
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM

Well, my computer didn't crash and burn. DH bought me a new laptop and I am going from Vista to Windows 8 which means a learning curve. I can't access the old Hotmail account and my regular Outlook account didn't transfer. I have emails saved in files. Grrrr. This will eventually work itself out, but I'm running short on patience at this point.

My other big problem is that the "geek" didn't transfer my MSworks program and all of the wps.files he did transfer can't be read. All in all, I have spent too much time cleaning things up and learning the new system --- which translates no sewing. Should I invest in the student edition of Office 2010????? It wasn't bundled on this purchase, which was a mistake.

One step at a time, Kay. Slow down and count your blessings.....many persons would love to have a new laptop!
I really am a creature of habit now and was very comfortable with the Vista. Oddly enough, I was the person teaching men and women how to use the microwave oven in the early 1970's and was very excited about this new appliance. Yes, we were still using carbon paper for letters typed on electric typewriters..... Ouch!

I'll drive over to the train depot and hop aboard to meet you... I'm bringing homemade cream puffs filed with freshly whipped cream. The two toppings are hot fudge and thick butterscotch caramel.

Last edited by kay carlson; 03-11-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:55 PM

Glad you found us too! I sure hope your up for all the virtual food we eat here. no calories at all.

apples! gorgeous and the link for the sunrise thank you! our sunrise is so much later up here. the mountains around are so big they hide it for a while longer. a slow peak. wait a minute.. sunrise? where is this rising again? oh well I am up and out of the house at 6 am and it certainly will be dark for me. The sky was barely turning a lighter shade of blue at 6:50 this morning. so dark it will be. and I will miss the pretty sunrise. shoot. maybe Wed.

Well one day closer to starting. I am all happy happy about that. I need a late night snack. grapes or apples? ...grapes ok. sounds oh so good right now. wish I had froze them darn it. I am getting addicted to the frozen. a whole different experience. (we have to come up with good ways to quench our thirst without drinking more water hence the frozen grapes.. ) dialysis. oh fun. don't try it with strawberries. they take out your teeth when frozen. blueberries are good but a bit tart. great in your wine glasses ladies. no extra water keep it cool and then you could munch on them I suppose if you like when your done. Me, no wine, no glasses of fun things like WATER.. just.. grapes.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by sew diva View Post
A friend and fellow guild member told me about your mysteries but I never could find them. Having found this I'm really excited. Thanks Vicki
I take it you're talking about me...first name please? Don't know your board name. And you're welcome. This is a great board to belong to...always something to do or others to help you out or someone to share with. Welcome!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 PM

@Kay Carlson: Cream puffs with caramel and chocolate toppings? Good lord...I'm in sugar heaven. lol

@meanmom: Cincinnati Style chili? Is there a recipe? I love chili
Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
ok, ok tomarrow at 6 a.m. click on this link for a spectacular sunrise lighting up the pacific ocean

tee hee......if you are having your first cuppa like I am here on the east coast all you see is darkness and the occasional car - will come back at 6 am California time!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 AM

I'm glad I wasn't the only one on the East Coast who didn't think "Oh, yeah, they're 3 hrs earlier than here"
will try to get back at 9AM my time as we are overcast this morning and expecting lots of rain later today and tonight.
working 10-5 today so won't be back on until later tonight. have to go pack something for lunch.
Mary T.