Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Thank you Judy and everyone else for the positive feedback I really do appreciate it
    I love all the runners so far can not wait to see more they all are so beautiful.
    I did try making mine at 4 1/8 but still came up short probably operator error so I had enough fabric to go back a 3rd time and cut them at 4 1/2 and then square them up to the size needed no worries the other to small ones can be made into something else and besides it helped us up so old stash I have had
    ​Christine

Quote Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac View Post
    I had the same problem; My solution was to trim all my blocks down to 3 1/4 inches. I will have to adjust things for the borders ....
    Same here...Just cut all those little squares down to 3 1/4 I ended up having extras so I am making mine a square topper with 4 blocks. Using D at 1.5 inches as sashing and first border. Got to work out the scrappy border now....

I did my A/C triangles again starting with a 5" square and ended up with ones plenty large enough to cut to 3 1/2" squares. Before sewing them together I played with the squares (because I like puzzles and it's like a puzzle!) and came up with 2 additional blocks layouts that I thing would look nice too. Might try another one of these at some point with one of the other designs. Thought I would share here. The first one is the original.
    Name:  Post IMG_7111.JPG
Views: 351
Size:  99.6 KB

Blog Entries
    those are great Leslie333......................except now I have to go to the candy store, the one that might have candycorn time of year !!!!!!

Here is my mystery table runner. I was originally going to make it be a specific holiday tablerunner. I could not decide which holiday to do. So, instead I bought this birthday fabric. It will be used a lot for each member of the family that has a birthday. It did not turn out exactly right, but I still enjoyed making it. I am sure I will be making more of these. I might even quilt this one myself. AGGHH- that's scary. Thanks Judy for a wonderful mystery. I have made all your mysteries. That is about the only way I actually finish anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Sorry, made this years ago in a class and we didn't come away with a pattern. And I really don't remember how big the circles were cut for the petals - all I remember was that they were folded into quarters and gathered.
    I like it too, and wish I had written down the directions once I got home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood Quilter View Post
    Judy, I have admired your pincushion avatar. It is a pattern you can share? Thanks.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
    Here is my mystery table runner. I was originally going to make it be a specific holiday tablerunner. I could not decide which holiday to do. So, instead I bought this birthday fabric. It will be used a lot for each member of the family that has a birthday. It did not turn out exactly right, but I still enjoyed making it. I am sure I will be making more of these. I might even quilt this one myself. AGGHH- that's scary. Thanks Judy for a wonderful mystery. I have made all your mysteries. That is about the only way I actually finish anything.

LOL I love that Happy Birthday!! Everyone has such pretty runners in the works. I'll get mine done soon.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Grammy6 you are welcome.
    Last edited by Dogwood Quilter; 03-24-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: my goof

TADA...Here is mine. And yes I did the ends and corners that way on purpose. Thank you Judy. I love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Really nice Diva ... I love what you did with the ends and corners.
    Cathy

Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ... 21 61 70 71 72 81 ... LastLast