Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Blog Entries
    frustratedquilter that is gorgeous. I like the four blocks.
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Quote Originally Posted by gramquilter2 View Post
    Judy, thank you for designing and sharing this beautiful table runner pattern. This was my first Train Ride and actually the first mystery quilting I have done. I really enjoyed every part of making this table runner and am looking forward to the next train ride. Everyone's runners look fantastic. Thank again.

Attachment 404316Attachment 404317
    Your table runner is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the colors!!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by gramquilter2 View Post
    Judy, thank you for designing and sharing this beautiful table runner pattern. This was my first Train Ride and actually the first mystery quilting I have done. I really enjoyed every part of making this table runner and am looking forward to the next train ride. Everyone's runners look fantastic. Thank again.

Attachment 404316Attachment 404317
    Gramquilter: Who is your fabric by?? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantasew View Post
    Cat-on-a-mac, I would use the birthing method of backing this instead of binding. Much easier than mitering all those corners and if used for a table runner, glasses and dishes set better and don't tip. It is beautiful and very creative.
    I was considering that approach, but have never done it. Do you do the quilting with just the top and the batting, and then put the backing on right sides together and invert ? Or do you quilt it after you put it all together?
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Iwantasew - by birthing method, do you mean where you sew right side together and turn inside out? If so, yes, that is what I would do, too.

FYI if anyone is interested, IMHO I have found that using Warm and Natural for runner batt doesn't make it too thick for something to sit on without tipping.
    Birthing would be a great way to finish that one. I have found that I like to use fusible fleece. I fuse it to the front, sew it all together with the backing leaving a few inch opening, turn inside out, poke out the corners and then just do some simple top stitching with walking foot. Stitching close to the outside edge will close up your opening and no need for hand sewing. (unless, of course, you like that sort of thing!)
    I am loving how everyone's runners are turning out. I'm still working on my Irish quilt. It HAS to get to the longarmer asap and I still have work to do on the borders.

Love everyone table runners! Judy, great border!
    Deb

I must have had some bad food (certainly not anything that any of you brought) because I've had a little bug going on. I have finished the first step, though, and will post pictures tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    all the runners turning out beautifuli. made a couple of boo boos on mine , im leaving them it will still lay on the table thanks judy for all the hard work you did on this train ride Ill use this design again
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    esther

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    those are great Leslie333......................except now I have to go to the candy store, the one that might have candycorn time of year !!!!!!

I saw Easter candy corn in the store this weekend. Pretty pastel colors.
    Lisa

Got mine done today. I had several boo boo's also. I can't seem to get a good picture either. Name:  P1010232 (Custom).JPG
Views: 290
Size:  70.8 KBName:  P1010235 (Custom).JPG
Views: 287
Size:  102.1 KB

Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 84 ... LastLast