Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Judy, I am on board. Great idea to start on Christmas, my most favorite time of the year. This has come at a perfect time since I can pickup what I need at the Dallas Quilt Show on Friday.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Blog Entries
    I came up with 2 options (A fabric on the left). I'm leaning toward the second one, with the black. What do you think? Believe it or not, the rightmost fabric is the same in both pictures!

Name:  IMG_0182.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  402.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0181.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  376.0 KB
    Last edited by cat-on-a-mac; 03-03-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    Cathy

Great choices, everyone. It's supposed to be well above freezing -- 80-85 -- here today and tomorrow,and I know for sure the train is stopping here as I forgot to pack a couple of things, and I bribed the engineer to make a loop through Texas. Tequila and a smile goes a long way around these parts.

Kathy - I'm partial to the first picture, but only because I love blue.

Blog Entries
    coopah -- no cats (except me!) allowed in the house! My barn cat, Ike, would love it though, I'm sure! The dogs would, however, make short work of anything shreadable!
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Good morning Everyone! Sorry I'm late - spent all day yesterday with my DH running errands.... can't complain as he did let me stop at not one but TWO quilt shops!! TRust me that was a really big deal for him! Love the table runner idea Judi! I like making them for my DMIL and use Insul Bright so that it may be used as a large pot holder for family gatherings... have a few non-quilting projects I have to get done but plan on working on this in-between! Thanks Judy for the wonderful Train Rides! Now to go down and check out my newly organized stash!! Woo Hoo!!

OK got my stash shopped. Here's what I came up with. I'll be making 2 of them. One for Christmas. Always need something for then!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Lstew2212 glad I could aide and abet LOL, lets see your colors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    I'm jumping on the caboose as it pulls out of my station. I like the idea of holiday too, so am thinking of 4th of July, red, white and blue. Fourth color ???, maybe another shade of one of the others. Or maybe a total neutral like gray or black? Or silver for pizzazz? Have to go shopping.

Judy, this really is a mystery because the instructions before have included what fabrics have to go with others for contrast or matching. This time, no. That's very very interesting.

I too have yet to finish the scrappy but don't want to miss the beginning of this trip.

or a red,white and blue print for 'A' and reads almost solid Red print , RAS blue print & RAS white print

Got Christmas fabric coming out my ears. Gonna love this trip.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    What I mean is that your stash & my stash are so close that I always see cloths in your projects that I have. At least I know who to go to if ever I'm short on something! I'll go explore my stash later today & post my colors.
    I can hardly wait to see what you pick out!! Oh GOODIE, I love both of your collection's for your table runner's. Now I must go see what I can put together!! Hmmm...................
    Last edited by SulaBug; 03-03-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 ... LastLast