Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 30 70 79 80 81 90 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Blog Entries
    I was planning on taking this train ride but things got in the way. I have been lurking here enjoying all of the beautiful table runners. Great work everyone I look forward to the next ride. I donated my quilt from the last train ride to the school carnival. It raised quite a bit of money. The school principal won it. She bought $30 worth of chances. I am glad someone who desperately wanted it won. The school where I work is pretty low income so this money will come in handy for the little extras for the kids.

Meanmom, that is fantastic news. Glad your quilt was able to raise money at the school carnival.
    Deb

Is there going to be another ride soon?

I'm still plugging along on the table runner--lots of other sewing goin on as well, so it takes too long Maybe I'll be quilting it by next weekend. Love all the different ones posted--great jobs ladies.

LJannoie, yes, there will be another mystery, but not for a few months. I will post something here on this 5th mystery with a link to the new one. So if you subscribe to the thread, you will get the message when I post a new one.

I did 5 mysteries in 13 months, I really need a break LOL but I love doing them, so there will definately be a new mystery.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Got the queen size T-shirt quilt done for grandson; Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge (posting #749)...I did a craftshow yesterday (did well)...so thought I'd finish something easy...so here's the runner, all quilted & bound. 4 more to go! Needed that little break...now to quilt & bind a twin size for him. It's the original quilt I made him (Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight I did as a quiltalong back in 2005)...took this long to get it quilted. Daughter sprung the T-shirt quilt on me about 6 months ago...guess I DO love that boy! Used some scraps on the back of runner...will decide at a later date what to do with the mis-cut triangles.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by VickiM; 04-21-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    I just finished quilting my on-point off-the-tracks version of this table topper. I did as you all suggested, and "birthed" it instead of binding. That worked out pretty well. I did some FMQ on the blocks, and found a decorative stitch on my machine to use for the brown borders.

Name:  IMG_0237.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  574.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0241.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  1.05 MB
    Cathy

Gorgeous...

Wow, Cathy! That is a real show piece! I love everything about it!

that turned out beautiful Cathy Really like the on point setting.
    LAURIE ...... "When Life gives you SCRAPS, Make QUILTS"

Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 30 70 79 80 81 90 ... LastLast