Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
April Baltimore Block of the Month >

April Baltimore Block of the Month

April Baltimore Block of the Month

Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by fancifrock
Here is my "heart square". I am still working on my corner sash squares but almost done.
Looking good! I am still working on mine. Guess I'd better get going since the May one will be up in about a week. :) I know there isn't any hurry to do them. I have the pattern and can catch up eventually. I have lots on my plate to do though and need to schedule more time to do them in. Love seeing everybody's blocks. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by fancifrock
Here is my "heart square". I am still working on my corner sash squares but almost done.
Your block is beautiful!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Hi everyone, love all the blocks that have been posted.

This has been a bad 2 weeks for me, my Dad, who is 80 & lives with me, suffered a bad stroke on Easter Saturday. He's home now, has suffered speech & facial impediments. So now has daily rehab coming, as well as more hands on care from me. So is life! I have been caring for him here in NJ for 4 years, moved him here from Orlando after suffering a serious heartattack & COPD, he wasn't taking his meds correctly and was getting worse.

So my DH & I went down, closed up his home, and suffled off to NJ. This way I know he is getting feed, correct meds, and keeping Dr. appointments. (He also suffers from dementia)

He's even more confused now, dr's. say it will get worse now, have to treat him like a 5 year old. It's really sad to see a very active man become so lame. We'll do our best to help him, but it's really in God's hands now, so the drs. say.

Anyway, that's why I haven't been posting much.

Started May's block today, I think everyone will like it.

This month I'm adding a folded rose bud. Hope everyone will try it, even if you do fusible applique. It's not hard and gives nice dimension.

I'll include a tute, so don't panic!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter, we're having ours this coming Sunday. My kids wanted to wait for Grandpa to be home from the hospital. (they call him GiGi, short for Great-Grandpa)

Logan is now old enough to enjoy his easter egg hunt, he had one at home on Easter, now Nana & Papa will have one for him Sunday. Can't wait to see him scramble for the eggs. My daughter videoed him easter & he really had a great time.

Be good everyone, missed all of you.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Hi Peg,
So sorry to read about your Dad it is very sad to see love one deteriorate and become dependent on the children and here you are trying to put out monthly blocks for us i don't know where you find the time and energy i wish you lots of courage and patience try and enjoy one day at a time with your dad as you will have many that will be demanding my prayers are with you and your family.
Our appreciations for what you are doing keeping us in needles and threads:)
Lots of hugs
Frankie xx
Old 05-02-2011, 04:03 PM

HUGS Peg:

Remember to take care of yourself a bit also in all the hectic-ness (ok, so that's not a word). It sounds like having that second Easter will be a bit of fun for everybody.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 AM

Hi Peg, so sorry to hear about your father's stroke. What a wonderful daughter you are to care for your father as you do. Please take care of yourself, also.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM

Hi Peg,

Very sorry to hear about your father. You and your father will be in my prayers. I've been there so know what you are going through. Remember to take time for yourself. It is so important. Take care and God Bless
Janet
Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words & prayers. They are greatly appreciated.

You all have become my solace. This quilt helps me to escape for a few minutes daily. So I should be thanking all of you! And I do.

I very glad that I am healthy and able to give him the care he needs.

Thanks again everyone, May's block is done, I think you will all enjoy this one with the rose buds.

Peg
Old 05-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Best wishes to your Father. Take care of yourself and don't worry about the blocks....we plan to be around for a year .

Blessings
Old 05-04-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by simbasue22
Best wishes to your Father. Take care of yourself and don't worry about the blocks....we plan to be around for a year .

Blessings
Thanks, I plan so too.

Actually, working on the blocks gives me alone time and I really enjoy it.