I hope this finds everyone having had a Wonderful Holiday & ready to start the 2012 BOM's new theme: the Calandar Year!! We are so excited to make this announcment for everyone to see. I think we are going to have a wonderful year, ending up with a lovely Calandar theme quilt, when we are done. There are many free quilt block pattern's on quilterscache.com & other sites on the internet. We are looking for a finish quilt block measuring 12 1/2" square. Not all patterns will be that exact size so please add to them, so they make up that size. This is where you can personalize your own blocks if you like. Please feel free to have fun with them & remember to share all of your pictures each month.
I will be starting with January & will post the block I have choosen on, 1 January 2012. Lets get ready to have some FUN!!
To volunteer to chose a month's pattern for this year, just send me a PM.
Remember....you don't have to sign up for this, anyone who wants to make the blocks can play along.
Here's a reminder of the way our Blocks of the Month work.
Rules are a buzzkill, we know. BUT there are a few things we all need to know and understand ahead of time so we can have as much fun as possible when we quilt along with our BOM buddies. So ... here they are.
1. All registered and active members of the board are eligible to request a spot on a "pickers' list".
2. Pickers will be responsible for either a link to existing directions for a block, or for providing directions for the block they've chosen. We all have different skill levels and technique preferences.
3. Anyone who sees the list and likes the blocks is invited to make them. However, only registered members of the board will be able to post pictures of the blocks they've made.
4. Pick and make any blocks you like from any lists you like. No matter how long ago a block was picked, you are still invited to post pictures when you make one. Just make sure to post your pics in the pictures thread for that block.
5. There will be two threads for each block. Both of them will be in the BOM section of the board. One thread for directions and discussion, and the other thread for pictures of the finished blocks. For the sake of keeping things sane all other threads will be moved or deleted.
When posting a new BOM, please make sure to use the appropriate titles, such as:
"1 January 2012 - (name of your pattern) - Directions & Discussion"
"1 January 2012 - (name of your pattern) - Photos5.
If a posted block doesn't interest you, feel free to skip it.
6. Again - You don't have to be a registered member or on the lists to play along. The lists simply tell us which registered members have volunteered to take a turn selecting a block. Any registered board member can volunteer for a turn. Simply send a PM to Sulabug, who will update the list.
7. Our Block of the Month activities are NOT swaps.
Thank you again for your patience in reading this lengthy information.
Check here to find the list of links for each month: