Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM

I sent a PM also!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tulip
I heard shouts of glee way over in the classified section of the board. Just had to come and and peek... Houses, barns, buildings, oh my... count me in. The perfect theme for a country gal living on a farm. Now to pick the fabrics! Thanks so much for hosting this SulaBug!!!
You are most Welcome. We are all going to have some fun!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 12-30-2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by hheelleenn
I sent a PM also!
I got your PM & you are signed up for November!!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:13 PM

You ladies that are talking about having fabrics for roof tops and skys and such can you peas and carrots post some pics of the material.. I have no clue what fabric to buy for the house bom's. would love some visual examples of what others are doing :)
Old 12-30-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
You ladies that are talking about having fabrics for roof tops and skys and such can you peas and carrots post some pics of the material.. I have no clue what fabric to buy for the house bom's. would love some visual examples of what others are doing :)
For my blocks I am using from my stash. Anything goes for me. When I post the block for January 1st, I will also post a picture of the block I have made for that month, on a separate post. Everyone will probably be doing their own thing. I hope this helps. I can't post a picture today, but maybe someone else can do it, so you can see. I hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by meesabell
Well, I just ordered Moda La Petit Ecole layers. I'm excited about this!

I've seen videos online using paper for piecing. How do all of you piece?
I do paper as well as regular.Applique gives me fits but a I will learn if it kills me!
Ditto!! I'm with you; it gives me fits too. I didn't know anything about PP until we did the first 2010 BOM. I discovered that I loved PP while my friend coudn't stand it. When we got to the March BOM (applique) I failed miserably and got very discouraged and didn't continue on because I was thinking there would be a lot more applique blocks. I don't know if there was or not because life got in the way and I had to have surgery. I was thinking the other day of going back to 2010 BOM patterns and trying to finish them. We'll see. I do want to try to do the houses......a new challenge also for me.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
For my blocks I am using from my stash. Anything goes for me. When I post the block for January 1st, I will also post a picture of the block I have made for that month, on a separate post. Everyone will probably be doing their own thing. I hope this helps. I can't post a picture today, but maybe someone else can do it, so you can see. I hope this helps.
I guess I will have to wait to see a pictue .. I have some fq's I have been buying to build a stash... lol but I kinda of Paisley crazy and lol.. I seem to have mostly Paisleys and horse prints and browns blacks and some greens..Im a real earthy person..haha Anyway I will keep an eye out to see what others might post..thanks for answering :)
Old 12-30-2010, 04:03 PM

As for sky choices, as I looked at other quilts with houses I noticed that sky didn't mean "blue". I'm purchased a couple of yards of a light cream with teeny tiny flowers from the Moda line I plan to use. I don't think I will have a certain same fabric for the roofs though.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:28 PM

I guess I will have to wait to see a pictue .. I have some fq's I have been buying to build a stash... lol but I kinda of Paisley crazy and lol.. I seem to have mostly Paisleys and horse prints and browns blacks and some greens..Im a real earthy person..haha Anyway I will keep an eye out to see what others might post..thanks for answering :)
I'm trying to finish my 2nd quilt top ever, (the first quilt was a sun bonnet Sue and Sam baby quilt) it's done in browns and greens I will post it when finished if I figure it out lol, I also love the earthy colors!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:51 PM

The blocks will vary in size, but we are looking to each person to add to them, to make the block 12 1/2".
This is my first BOM project. Could you explain what it means to 'add' to each one to get 12 1/2"?

TIA