Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Candi...you are one do the brave ones to branch out with different colors. I really like what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Candi...you are one do the brave ones to branch out with different colors. I really like what you have.
    Gardengal..thank you. Last year was my first Bonnie Hunter mystery and I changed the colors mainly because I try to work all from stash and not buy new fabrics, and last year, I had an abundance of reds, greens and browns, so I used them and I loved the end result. So this year, although I love Bonnie's colors, I just don't have enough of them. I do have some of this blue fabric that I've been yearning to get rid of as it is not my favorite and being that yellows and oranges are my favorite colors, I have enough of them. So the blue, oranges and yellows theme was born. I am using a single cream fabric for my background and thinking about a lighter brown for the grey, but since we are done with that one, I am gonna wait on making them.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Love your colours Candi and great idea to wait and audition a constant. I went with Bonnies colours which are my favourites anyway. Really pleased with the way it is coming along, first time I have been able to keep up.

I am not as brave yet and did mine in the colors Bonnie selected. But I have caught up and can now relax.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Most of you know I'm having a problem with my cp..JeanieG has helped me..Thanks Jeanie...sooo, today I typed in the web address from last week and just changed the # from 3 to 4 and It worked!!!! I am so happy...

I love what everyone is doing. I didn't work on step 3 at all, so I'm really behind. Hope to catch up this weekend.

Step 4 is up: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/ She states this is an easy step since we are getting close to Christmas, but really? 64 flying geese is easy?!?!?! Not in my book. But I am enjoying the mystery of all this.

LOL..I hear ya. I am too enjoying the mystery of this..going for a walk and after I come back I will cut and maybe stitch a few geese.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Step 4 is up: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/ She states this is an easy step since we are getting close to Christmas, but really? 64 flying geese is easy?!?!?! Not in my book. But I am enjoying the mystery of all this.
    :-) My first Bonnie mystery quilt was Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll from 2 years ago. One of the steps was to sew 600 red and neutral HSTs. My reaction was disbelief...then... well, ok, if Bonnie says to do I better do it.

If I had seen a pattern like that in a magazine I would have skipped right past it! Now I really like this kind of thing!

When you are pressing the flying geese, do you press towards the outside triangles or the big triangle to get the best looking flying geese?
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Quote Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
    When you are pressing the flying geese, do you press towards the outside triangles or the big triangle to get the best looking flying geese?
    you press toward the outside wings of the geese. Remember to be gentle and press the seam only with the tip of your iron or the wing will go all cockeyed. Have fun.

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast