Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Easy Street

I decided to make my Easy Street a wall hanging. I think it makes the design look different when you make it smaller. This is not the greatest picture, but I didn't have real good lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh wow, Dolly's Sister - I have not tried to assemble the Step 8 blocks yet - yours are gorgeous!

Skowron - That turned out beautiful! It makes a great wall hanging!

You guys make me want to finish Step 7 (I'm getting there!), so I can make those larger blocks!
    Last edited by JeanieG; 01-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Oh wow, Dolly's Sister - I have not tried to assemble the Step 8 blocks yet - yours are gorgeous!

Skowron - That turned out beautiful! It makes a great wall hanging!

You guys make me want to finish Step 7 (I'm getting there!), so I can make those larger blocks!
    Ditto to all of what she said. He he

I think I can. I think I can.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Very pretty ladies love the wallhanging too! I am making mine a throw quilt with 3x3 layout. And on that note, I better go sew for a bit before going to work lol.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

don't know if anyone has mentioned it but there are two corrections, in clue 4 and 6, the pdf has been corrected now. Just a little more cutting than we did.

Good morning ladies. Can I say... Wow wow! All y'all's are looking so wonderful! I love the colors and great idea for the wall hanging. This is so fun. I finished all my first 16 blocks and one of the last 9...have to rip a naughty little 4patch. It did a jig and is pointed in the wrong direction now... I'm actually tempted to leave it but I've got enough (cough) uniqueness. He he... The colors aren't true in the first pic. It was dark and I had to use my phone flash.

Ok. Time to finish! (The next 8 squares at least.)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by SheriR; 01-04-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Go, go go SheriR! Love your colors.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Dolly's sister...good progress.
    Skowron5...how cheery as a wall hanging. The pattern still shows up very nicely.
    SheriR...great job of selecting alternate colors. They do play well together.
    Now to see if I can finish the last few blocks, then I will have to try to find enough floor space to lay it out on to determine final placement before sewing everything together. This is a BIG quilt.

It's so fun to look here and go, "ooh, I have that fabric in my quilt!" And Candi, I love the way your orange stands out.

I promised photos yesterday, but got so carried away sewing blocks that I finished them all and never got the photos posted. So here they are. The lighting is a bit dim, sorry. I used my border facric in the center of the A squares rather than the pink. A lot of my pinks were a little more subdued than the deep purples Bonnie used. I think mine looks better with those punches of the dark print rather than the pink. Also the black print pulls out the black in the background fabrics. Still contemplating exactly how I want my borders. Decisions, decisions.
    Name:  EasyStreetBlocks.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  229.5 KBName:  EasyStreetBorder.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  244.3 KB

And, yes, I know the corner 4-patches in my A blocks are turned the "wrong" way. As I was laying the units out, I noticed I had turned a few the wrong way and decided I liked mine better that way. Artistic license?
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork

"Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Scrap lady, I love what you've done. Especially using your border fab as your centers. Bravo!
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast