Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Here are my first two blocks Name:  bonnie blocks.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  251.6 KB

This is my first quilt with such little pieces and I am really enjoying it. I love all of the colour ways I've seen so far I think you could do some really pretty quilts with this pattern. It's also my first Bonnie Hunter quilt and I'm definitly going to try more of her quilts. I have done the 4 small triangles and 1 big triangle so this may take a while but I'm taking my time with it between another mystery quilt and a wall hanging I'm working on.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

So with kids visiting for Christmas and all THAT... I actually finished sewing all the sections.

4 corners = 80 pieces
    12 tri's = 444 pieces
    16 Block A = 1,232 pieces
    9 Block B = 621 pieces
    Total pieces = 2,377

It's to big for any wall I have to pin it up on so here is 1/4. It measures 46" square. My colors are purple, red, mustard, cream, and brown Batiks. I love it! Maybe tomorrow I can fix a spot to pin the whole thing up, make sure I like my block placements, and sew her up. I'm not sure on borders. I think my brown will be one. I have a great plan for my back. My sweet QB friend (Fraew) is helping me design it, and I need to purchase more cream as I used nearly every scrap of the 14 different FQ's I bought.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

OMG SheriR, what a great fall quilt that will make! So gorgeous! Congratulations on being almost done! I think the brown would be perfect for the first border as it will nicely bring out the brown squares and frame the quilt.

I finally finished Step 7, and laid out Block A on my display wall. It took me forever to get just one laid out. I kept looking at the photo, then choosing my pieces, then rechecking the photo to make sure everything was going in the right direction. I need to cut the purple squares, then I can start sewing it together tomorrow. I'm hoping after I get one done, it will go faster with the others!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    @SheriR: I want that! It's so pretty. High 5 girl!
    @JeanieG: You and I seem to be on the same pace. I finally finished step 7 and just laid out 1 of each of the blocks. Look at picture, select a block; look at picture, select a block and repeat. I have never felt so quilt challenged in my life. Whew! Time for bed.

These are really gorgeous. So fun sharing this experience with you all.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Sheri, FANULOUS! I love love the warmth your quilt radiates! These are my favorite colors! Can't got wrong with red, yellow and brown! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

I get to shang out some more on Easy Street today..hopefully I can out a few blocks together,
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Quilt addiction....I like the way your A block looks. You've turned the half square triangle to go out instead of in but I think it's a happy accident. It gives an entirely new look!
    I laid out my blocks on the floor and have the placement as good as I can get it and can start assembly any time. Have a couple of other projects with deadlines but want to get this together before it becomes a UFO. I'm planning to do Bonnie's next mystery quilt in Quiltmaker. I like her process.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 01-06-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Quilt addiction....I like the way your A block looks. You've turned the half square triangle to go out instead of in but I think it's a happy accident. It gives an entirely new look!
    I laid out my blocks on the floor and have the placement as good as I can get it and can start assembly any time. Have a couple of other projects with deadlines but want to get this together before it becomes a UFO. I'm planning to do Bonnie's next mystery quilt in Quiltmaker. I like her process.
    I hadn't realised I'd done that Doh! I'm glad Ive only got to unpick one block
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

When you are sewing the triangles together....do you start with the largest row and then work down to the smallest?
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Quote Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
    When you are sewing the triangles together....do you start with the largest row and then work down to the smallest?
    I've got mine pinned to my sons video wall. He hung a big white sheet up and uses projector when he plays. The Murphy bed is down so I can't get a straight front picture but I think you see it well enough. I put it up yesterday afternoon then had to clean my sewing stuff up because we had company coming for dinner. (Who scheduled THAT in the middle of my crucial mystery sewing???)

Anyway. I plan on starting at the top left corner. I'll sew tri/block/tri and add the corner. I think I'll sew all the rows then sew the rows together, again starting at the top. I can't sew it until tonight because I must drive to the city and meet Princess. She goes back to college tomorrow so we've got an afternoon planned of shopping girly fun!

Oh and I have to fix three little 4patches as they seem to be turned the wrong way...How did THAT happen...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Love it SheriR!

@xtgirl: I struggled with what to do with the tris. I wish I had waited to do them after my blocks so I would know which way to sew them up. Having said that, my tris are done but I have no shame in taking them apart after I finish my blocks.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast