Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    Scraplady, there is a thread here
    janome 8900
    with some thoughts on the newer Janomes.
    Thanks for the link. I'm trying to all my homework before I decide. It would be the most pricey machine I've ever bought, but that 11" throat space is calling to me, along with a lot of other things...
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Easy Street Blocks Together!!

Here is a picture of my version of the Bonnie Hunter Easy Street Mystery Quilt...Loved doing this mystery quilt with her!...just deciding on how to border it now....Can honestly say I would never have attempted this complex of a pattern if I had known beforehand but so glad I did do it with Bonnie's quidance...learned so much and have a great quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Neena that is great!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Neena!!! Love it very beautiful.
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Quote Originally Posted by Neena View Post
    Here is a picture of my version of the Bonnie Hunter Easy Street Mystery Quilt.......Can honestly say I would never have attempted this complex of a pattern if I had known beforehand but so glad I did do it with Bonnie's quidance...learned so much and have a great quilt!
    Your quilt is beautiful! I have to agree with you about doing her mystery quilts. If I had seen a pattern like this in a book before ever trying one, I would turn the page because it looked hard. I think Bonnie has made many of us stretch and become better quilters. :-)

Neena, I like your version. The dark "geese" really make that secondary pattern striking. Wow.

Here is my top completed. I am not as in love with it as I hoped I would be. I don't dislike it, I just don't LOVE it like I thought I would. I know I will like it better once it's quilted, I always do, but that won't be for a while. It's been a lot of fun, but I simply have got to move on to other "required" projects. I toyed with making just a 2 X 3 layout, but was afraid it would lose the effect of the pattern. Now I'm sort of wishing I had. I could have put a nice striking border all the way around and the finished size would have been closer to what I wanted. After making the 3 X 3 block layout, I decided I still wanted a rectangular, rather than square, finished quilt. (I find square quilts awkward to use as throws and that is what this will be.) So I opted to add borders to only two sides. I am a bit disappointed that all my hard work making the little pinwheels with the leftover triangles from step 5 (yes, I saved them!) doesn't show up well in the busy black print. I guess you just have to get up close and personal to appreciate them! Sorry the photos aren't the best this time.Name:  EasyStreetTop.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  333.0 KBName:  EasyStreetFinBorder.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  160.6 KB
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Scraplady, I love the colors in your quilt! The pinwheels are so cute, and yes, they would have shown up better with a solid border. At least you can say you are finished, I'm sure it will grow on you! Great job!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I finished my Easy Street. I made just under half the blocks on each step, and ended up with almost the exact right number of units for a 2x3 layout. A 10" border all around gave me a twin size quilt.
    Name:  Krista_EasyStreet.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  283.0 KB

Love your quilt, Krista. Great selection of fabrics and it worked really well at that size. Nice work on the borders.

I ditto quiltsRfun - love the borders! Makes a really nice size quilt! I'm still plugging away. I have 9 more A blocks and 7 more B blocks to complete.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast