Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? >

Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread?

Old 11-23-2012, 02:54 PM

I'm thinking of joining but am confused - she says 4 colors plus a background. Does her "constant" of gray count as one of the 4 colors? Now that I've asked that, I'm pretty sure it does, but can someone confirm?
Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Another first-time mystery quilter here and I also need advice with my fabric choices. However, I'm having trouble getting pictures uploaded. Never had a problem before but for some reason i can't do it today. Will keep trying and check back in a few.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:54 PM

OK, here are my three options. Which one do you like for the constant? I'm not sure any of them will work. I changed up the colors a bit cause I'm working strictly from my stash. And I'm making it half size.
Attached Thumbnails kona.jpg   pattern.jpg   muddy.jpg  

Last edited by quiltsRfun; 11-23-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
I'm thinking of joining but am confused - she says 4 colors plus a background. Does her "constant" of gray count as one of the 4 colors? Now that I've asked that, I'm pretty sure it does, but can someone confirm?
Her colors are in these families: apple green, turquoise, purple, background of black on white and then the grey constant. You can verify that here. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/...sy-street.html
Old 11-23-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
OK, here are my three options. Which one do you like for the constant? I'm not sure any of them will work. I changed up the colors a bit cause I'm working strictly from my stash. And I'm making it half size.
I would you suggest that you take the prints that you're using for your background and actually make up a couple of samples to see what you feel will give you the best contrast. If you look at her 4-patches these is no chance for her choices to "wash out".
Old 11-23-2012, 04:35 PM

So, I'm joining in but super new to this kind of mystery. I bought all fat quarters( as I have no stash)except the grey which is yardage. Are we using all the grey and b+w's in this step. I'm assuming not. Trying to figure out how best to cut the fat quarters into 2 inch strips so as to waste the least amount possible.

My colors are purple, teal, orange and grey
Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 PM

QuiltsRFun, I like the first option, the one where the constant appears to be a solid.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:40 PM

QuiltsRFun - are you using the beiges on the right as your black/white? If so you need a darker color for your constant - like your dark brown. You need the contrast to make those foursies pop! Look at Bonnie's dark grey and black on whites in her demo. Your beige colored center fabric would work as a constant with any of your other fabrics. Does that make sense????
Old 11-23-2012, 08:15 PM

Wow first clue is up and alot of 4 patches. Then I remembered Billy Lauder's quick method for making 4 patches. So I went back and watched the video. Now this might not work for most who have already or just have enough fabric for the mystery. But here is the link to my blog page where you can watch the video. Hope this works, you'll have to scroll down a bit to find it.
http://www.mypassionforquilting.blog...&max-results=7
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
QuiltsRFun - are you using the beiges on the right as your black/white? If so you need a darker color for your constant - like your dark brown. You need the contrast to make those foursies pop! Look at Bonnie's dark grey and black on whites in her demo. Your beige colored center fabric would work as a constant with any of your other fabrics. Does that make sense????
Yes, I think the brown would work but I don't have enough. I'm not starting yet so I guess I still have time to look for something to pull it together. Also think I need more of the orange and blue.