Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Civil War Journals BOM >

Civil War Journals BOM

Civil War Journals BOM

Old 06-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Thought I'd check in with everyone! How's it going? I've been cutting fabric for more blocks today. I'd love to see photos of your progress so far.

I took a break for about a month, while working on drywall in my quilting room. I bought a Tin Lizzie 26" and am anxiously waiting to get it set up. But I'm back to piecing now. It feels so good too!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 PM

Christine!

Wow, a Tin Lizzie, you go girl! LOL I hope your drywall is done and your quilting room is what you wanted! :-)

I haven't done anything on the last three months BOM. My DH has been ill so we spent a ton of time running back and forth to visit the medical community! Things are better now so I hope to get back to it soon.

How is everyone else doing? I sure would like to see some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
Thought I'd check in with everyone! How's it going? I've been cutting fabric for more blocks today. I'd love to see photos of your progress so far.

I took a break for about a month, while working on drywall in my quilting room. I bought a Tin Lizzie 26" and am anxiously waiting to get it set up. But I'm back to piecing now. It feels so good too!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:39 PM

I have not had time to open the last two months worth of BOMs; my friend and I decided it was for fun and eventually we will sit down and work on them. We are having our R&R over the fourth of July: rest and relax. Good company, good food, and relaxation with our spouses. We will plan on work on the Civil War Journal...later in the month....has anyone worked on theirs and could show us pictures??
Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM

Wow a whole month has gone by since I posted last. How is everyone progressing? I'm about 3 months behind but I'll get caught up eventually. I want to finish this before January!

My long arm machine is set up, the quilting room is painted and my hubby is still working on the door/window trim. The underlayment is down but we aren't buying the flooring until August sometime. I couldn't wait that long to start playing so I set the machine on the underlayment. I have a 12' foot frame and a Tin Lizzie Ansley 26". I 'think' I'm ready to take on some charity quilts now. Yipee!