Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88

Thread: Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    ND Quilts, that foundation thought sounds doable. I had thought about doing some blocks in the RV, by hand, and others on the machine at home. I'm thinking this will result in a different look to the blocks. Hand vs machine. Thoughts anyone?
    I jumped the gun and posted my first 3...post #722 I think. The first 2 were done by hand using English Paper Piecing. The third one was done on the machine with a paper foundation. They look the same to me. I'll never get this done if I have to do all of them at my sewing machine.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Thanks Fraew, that helped to see that. I'll give a few a try either way and decide. The trip to Alaska this summer will put me behind unless I do some on the way. We're thinking 3 months. My brothers (2) that live up there may have other ideas!!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I am planning on foundation piecing with muslin. Hand pieced. I have enough machine work as it is. I will relax enjoy the process if I sew by hand. I might try the first few blocks with the foundation and without. I'll see how it goes.

I have been obsessed with the blocks for the last two weeks. I pulled out the 17 I completed with the first dear jane group here and have been adding to them. I did the first six on the schedule but have trayed to see fast and easy results. I'm up to 36 blocks now! I got tired of spending an hour or two on a block and went for some that could be completed within minutes.

As NDQuilt said this morning, they're like potato chips -- at least they're not fattening! I've been making them almost all day today, too. I can't wait to start seeing the pictures tomorrow.

I have just started the new thread - it can be found here...

2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

sorry - my pictures are not there yet

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88