Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 130 of 171 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 129 130 131 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1709

Thread: Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Elisabrat, would it be quicker to start over with a different pattern? Doesn't sound like you are having much fun.
    Pam, I was thinking the same thing. Those could be saved for another project or used to make a rectangle instead of a square. I was also wondering what it would look like on a quilt like Elizabrat's, where the colors define the rounds so distinctly, if there were different but similar patterns on each side. That way you could find easier patterns. But I'll bet Elizabrat has thought of all these things and is plowing ahead.

I have sure have learned something on this project. If you don't like what you've done, give it up. I was trying to use up some old colors and have been battling since the beginning to make things work. But, I too am plowing ahead, too committed at this point. I'm using Jaba's 6" lattice on this round and it is easy and going fast.
    Last edited by whitepine; 04-09-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
    Emma, that is so pretty, I love border prints too, just wish I had some for mine. Still working on it, but started a second one with a small fabric panel I found while clean up a couple weeks ago. Just finished my first round on it. I used some of my hand dyed fabrics for the HST. Have really enjoyed everyones quilts during this quest of ours, looking forward to seeing them all completed. I'll post pictures of my other one soon as I get the next round done, but here is the second one I have started.
    That is beautiful!! I plan on making another one with a panel, but I keep putting it aside.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Emma, lovely start with that panel. I'm sure I have a panel somwhere.....! Someone stop me! I want to start a new medallion before finishing the present one. Being a serial starter is a very serious illness but I know I have fellow sufferers LOL
    Pippa

That panel is soooo pretty! Love the colors and the first round! Anxious to watch it grow.
    Hope to sneak in a trip to pick up some fabric after a dental appt today...but the sun is actually out today and I MUST get into the flowerbeds for their spring cleaning!

Yes, spring is here and I know that I will be spending more time outside then quilting. I always slow down in the summer then come back refreshed in the fall. Cycles are not bad things.

Blog Entries
    Pippa,

Emma & Jill, Yep, the weeds are out, ahead of flowers as usual. Time to head out to the garden.

Mamahen, When I squinted at your new panel, it looked like a starburst of flower petals. Did you dye your fabric yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Pippa,

Emma & Jill, Yep, the weeds are out, ahead of flowers as usual. Time to head out to the garden.

Mamahen, When I squinted at your new panel, it looked like a starburst of flower petals. Did you dye your fabric yourself?
    Yes I did, last year, how convenient that I found the panel in the stash, it looked like the fabrics were dyed just for it. They were my first attempt at dyeing fabric, so nice to have something to pick from without have to buy more fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    Emma, lovely start with that panel. I'm sure I have a panel somwhere.....! Someone stop me! I want to start a new medallion before finishing the present one. Being a serial starter is a very serious illness but I know I have fellow sufferers LOL
    Pippa
    LOL Serial starter. Yep, I know how that is.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

I've been casually following this thread and am so impressed by what I see!! I hope you will consider offering something like this again in the near future. Really wonderful projects!

Jane
    November - Scrappy Block swap - Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunter
    December Scrappy Block Swap - Bento Box in Reds & Whites
    January Scrappy Block Swap - Shadow Box quilt
    January Fabric Postcard Swap - Happy Bubble Bath Day!

I believe Eliasbrat stated the quilt would be started the first of January. Am hoping she means Jan of 2015. Am I correct or has the quilt started on Jan 2014 instead? If it has already started is there a separate thread or different site for the quilt info?

Page 130 of 171 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 129 130 131 140 ... LastLast