Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:28 AM

Wow! You did such wonderful work. I really like the FM you did! I have one more border to add to mine. Maybe I'll get to it in March?
Old 01-24-2015, 09:30 PM

Your quilt is beautiful. I like those peach/coral colors.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:37 AM

Beautifully done!
Mine is still residing on the design wall (partly underneath my blocks for the current mystery train). I did find some more of the red and white with stars so maybe soon I will get back on it.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:08 AM

Poking my nose in here, Elisabrat, just to say, "Wow, Wow, doubleWow!" Hi, ladies. Today I want to say thank you to all of you who participated in this thread showing the multiple pieced borders around the Medallion Center. I have been lurking silently, secretly, watching your progress for more than a year now. I love the pieced borders that you ladies have been working on, and watching you you help each other, encouraging everyone to solve the problems of the "math", matching corners, perfecting your color schemes, lengthening a quilt by adding rows to top and bottom, and repeating certain shapes, or colors, to attain harmony and balance. All the while, I've been wanting to work on some of your tasks, (in miniature), such as the wrapped ribbons, but alas, I've not yet begun. But I will. One day, I will. (Famous last words? "I will."? ). I see these pieced borders as the key to re-igniting inspiration, to complete some UFOs, giving them new dimension and new life. signed yonnikka
Old 01-27-2015, 04:16 PM

Jill, your quilt is lovely. Mine gets moved from 1 place to another & everyday I think "I need to finish that."
Old 01-27-2015, 05:17 PM

I pulled mine out of the drawer last night to show to a friend. I'm thinking I will scrap the row I was working on and do a ribbon instead. This one needs to get back in my que. There's not time to get much done between the mystery quilts. (which I am highly addicted to!) Last spring I had 3 new great nieces to make baby quilts for. This spring there will be 3 more new babies. I'm thinking these will be a round of boys. Won't know until they are born.
Yonnikka, jump in and join us! It's fun and there is a lot of help here.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:38 PM

Pam: I so agree, mystery quilts are so addictive and so hard to finish once the surprise is revealed. Its hard not to lose momentum when you know where your going. (Of course, this is absolutely not reflection on the designers.)

Yonnikka: If your interested in mystery quilts and BOM's that are still in progress, many are listed under the challenge section. Thank you for your kind words, it was a lot of fun, wish you had joined in.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:03 AM
dd

See if this picture loads. Haven't been able to load pics since I got a new camera. Wow it actually worked. Not very big but it's the first pic in a long time. I finished the quilt and gave it to my sister-in-law for Christmas because we always had Christmas at her house until my brother died. I had a lot of fun doing this quilt and she is very pleased with it. She says she shows it to everyone.
Attached Images  

Last edited by dd; 01-28-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:55 AM

OK drum roll here...

anyone interested in doing a row quilt with me? I am thinking of offering a row quilt with design ideas each month to follow along with.. I would give you color options and design options. key wording options. you are free to go with what you feel should be the theme as the quilt progresses just a thought thinking I could do a row a month. and you could make it as small or as large as you wanted...
Old 02-11-2015, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
OK drum roll here...

anyone interested in doing a row quilt with me? I am thinking of offering a row quilt with design ideas each month to follow along with.. I would give you color options and design options. key wording options. you are free to go with what you feel should be the theme as the quilt progresses just a thought thinking I could do a row a month. and you could make it as small or as large as you wanted...

I like this idea, have you presented it anywhere else? Let me know if you do it, I don't always find things well on the board. Thanks.