Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by cwessley View Post
Hi ladies
I am working on my blocks but have came across a couple that needed to be mirror image to come out correctly does anyone have a list of those blocks that need to be printed mirror image? I am a really new quilter so I am still learning the ropes too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Crystal
Welcome. It's never too late to join in. I'll second what QuiltE said. If you read the discussion thread before you begin the blocks, you will probably find them. Have fun.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Hi ladies
I am working on my blocks but have came across a couple that needed to be mirror image to come out correctly does anyone have a list of those blocks that need to be printed mirror image? I am a really new quilter so I am still learning the ropes too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Crystal
Welcome Crystal! What blocks are ya on? We could discuss 'em with ya if we knew where you are at. Also ya might find info on the thread that goes with the blocks you are on.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:42 AM

I only have 9 done and they are A Dandy, Alabama, Apple Tree, At The Depot, Arizona, Betty's Delight, Boy's Playmate, Clover Blossom and Captain's Wheel. I know that Captain's Wheel is backwards and I am almost done with Clover Leaf which is also not right. So I have all the rest to catch up on. I have fabric cut for 8 or 9 more which I am going to sew this weekend and thought I better figure this out because my OCD is driving me crazy knowing those 2 blocks are backwards :S Yes I know I am the only one that will know but I can't get it out of my head lol. Thanks for all the tips. I will go and look at the previous discussions and see if any of those need to be reversed for this weekends sewing expedition. Anyone else have info please share. I have set up a spreadsheet to keep track of which ones need to be mirror imaged etc so I will post when I figure them all out.

Thanks again for all the help!

Happy Quilting
Crystal

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Welcome Crystal! What blocks are ya on? We could discuss 'em with ya if we knew where you are at. Also ya might find info on the thread that goes with the blocks you are on.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 AM

Hi Crystal,

Welcome to the group. It's good to have another join us. I have been AWOL for awhile, but I noticed your question about mirror image.

Actually all the patterns need to be printed on mirror image. The symmetrical ones won't matter, but the ones that aren't need to be printed mirror image. To be on the safe side I set my printer to print them all mirror image after I discovered this when I did Captain's Wheel.

So long answer to a short question, but if you print them all mirror image then you'll be okay. Hope this helps.

Janie
Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Welcome Crystal! I'm all over the place with my blocks too so don't feel left out!! As for mirror image--I have been able to let go. By the time I get the block done I'm so happy that I refuse to worry over it. I think being able to let go is due to the fact that quilting is an escape from a busy demanding life and I want to make it as enjoyable as possible. Okay time to get back to work.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:00 PM

I only have 9 done and they are A Dandy, Alabama, Apple Tree, At The Depot, Arizona, Betty's Delight, Boy's Playmate, Clover Blossom and Captain's Wheel. I know that Captain's Wheel is backwards and I am almost done with Clover Leaf which is also not right. So I have all the rest to catch up on. I have fabric cut for 8 or 9 more which I am going to sew this weekend and thought I better figure this out because my OCD is driving me crazy knowing those 2 blocks are backwards :S Yes I know I am the only one that will know but I can't get it out of my head lol. Thanks for all the tips. I will go and look at the previous discussions and see if any of those need to be reversed for this weekends sewing expedition. Anyone else have info please share. I have set up a spreadsheet to keep track of which ones need to be mirror imaged etc so I will post when I figure them all out.

Thanks again for all the help!

Happy Quilting
Crystal
Here's the thread about these blocks as ya can see most of us did 'em backwards!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t184186.html