Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44
Results 431 to 436 of 436

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

  1. #431
    Super Member gardnergal970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Covington, Indiana
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by cwessley View Post
    Hi ladies
    I am working on my blocks but have came across a couple that needed to be mirror image to come out correctly does anyone have a list of those blocks that need to be printed mirror image? I am a really new quilter so I am still learning the ropes too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Crystal
    Welcome. It's never too late to join in. I'll second what QuiltE said. If you read the discussion thread before you begin the blocks, you will probably find them. Have fun.

  2. #432
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midland TX
    Posts
    5,264
    Quote Originally Posted by cwessley View Post
    Hi ladies
    I am working on my blocks but have came across a couple that needed to be mirror image to come out correctly does anyone have a list of those blocks that need to be printed mirror image? I am a really new quilter so I am still learning the ropes too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Crystal
    Welcome Crystal! What blocks are ya on? We could discuss 'em with ya if we knew where you are at. Also ya might find info on the thread that goes with the blocks you are on.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

  3. #433
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12
    I only have 9 done and they are A Dandy, Alabama, Apple Tree, At The Depot, Arizona, Betty's Delight, Boy's Playmate, Clover Blossom and Captain's Wheel. I know that Captain's Wheel is backwards and I am almost done with Clover Leaf which is also not right. So I have all the rest to catch up on. I have fabric cut for 8 or 9 more which I am going to sew this weekend and thought I better figure this out because my OCD is driving me crazy knowing those 2 blocks are backwards :S Yes I know I am the only one that will know but I can't get it out of my head lol. Thanks for all the tips. I will go and look at the previous discussions and see if any of those need to be reversed for this weekends sewing expedition. Anyone else have info please share. I have set up a spreadsheet to keep track of which ones need to be mirror imaged etc so I will post when I figure them all out.

    Thanks again for all the help!

    Happy Quilting
    Crystal


    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Welcome Crystal! What blocks are ya on? We could discuss 'em with ya if we knew where you are at. Also ya might find info on the thread that goes with the blocks you are on.

  4. #434
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    568
    Hi Crystal,

    Welcome to the group. It's good to have another join us. I have been AWOL for awhile, but I noticed your question about mirror image.

    Actually all the patterns need to be printed on mirror image. The symmetrical ones won't matter, but the ones that aren't need to be printed mirror image. To be on the safe side I set my printer to print them all mirror image after I discovered this when I did Captain's Wheel.

    So long answer to a short question, but if you print them all mirror image then you'll be okay. Hope this helps.

    Janie

  5. #435
    Super Member oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    8,151
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome Crystal! I'm all over the place with my blocks too so don't feel left out!! As for mirror image--I have been able to let go. By the time I get the block done I'm so happy that I refuse to worry over it. I think being able to let go is due to the fact that quilting is an escape from a busy demanding life and I want to make it as enjoyable as possible. Okay time to get back to work.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

  6. #436
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midland TX
    Posts
    5,264
    Quote Originally Posted by cwessley View Post
    I only have 9 done and they are A Dandy, Alabama, Apple Tree, At The Depot, Arizona, Betty's Delight, Boy's Playmate, Clover Blossom and Captain's Wheel. I know that Captain's Wheel is backwards and I am almost done with Clover Leaf which is also not right. So I have all the rest to catch up on. I have fabric cut for 8 or 9 more which I am going to sew this weekend and thought I better figure this out because my OCD is driving me crazy knowing those 2 blocks are backwards :S Yes I know I am the only one that will know but I can't get it out of my head lol. Thanks for all the tips. I will go and look at the previous discussions and see if any of those need to be reversed for this weekends sewing expedition. Anyone else have info please share. I have set up a spreadsheet to keep track of which ones need to be mirror imaged etc so I will post when I figure them all out.

    Thanks again for all the help!

    Happy Quilting
    Crystal
    Here's the thread about these blocks as ya can see most of us did 'em backwards!
    THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 43 44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.