Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along week 13 Photo Page -Blocks 25 & 26

I understand your dilemma with certain agencies not being the appropriate service for you, but they are ones that needs volunteers!

Isn't it just so much fun working with the blind? My job is just wonderful. The paperwork is a bear and I am no big fan of it. Teaching the students is the best! My specialty is in teaching braille and the young blind, and literacy. I'm happier that a "pig in a mud puddle" when I'm working in that domain.

... you mean when "Singing" in that mud puddle!
    Yes, red tape sadly is the downfall in many things!!

It's good that there are people like you who are there, and care so much!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Here are mine for the weekName:  week 13.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  192.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Great blue block, would look great in GrannyQ's PC!! An unexpected wow orange color in the 2nd block.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Great blue block, would look great in GrannyQ's PC!! An unexpected wow orange color in the 2nd block.
    The orange is actually more of a rust and the flowers you see in it is a light olive green. I have the same pattern in the reverse colors. I really like both of them.

Great blocks, Ggal. I feel like I'm walking down "memory lane" viewing your blocks. I love the sashing you're using-really pops all the colors.
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

ditto to JanRN ... nice to have this trip down Memory Lane!

GGal ... this is the first pair of your FWS' blocks that I've checked out and I really like them. And especially like the sashing and cornerstones you are going to be using. I didn't know that you were working on them ... and I think there's a lot of threads that you've posted to!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    ditto to JanRN ... nice to have this trip down Memory Lane!

GGal ... this is the first pair of your FWS' blocks that I've checked out and I really like them. And especially like the sashing and cornerstones you are going to be using. I didn't know that you were working on them ... and I think there's a lot of threads that you've posted to!
    Thanks, QuiltE. I did post quite a few and have lots of singles waiting for their partner. I was working on these before I ever met the PC riders. I first wanted to make this for my DS's 25th anniversary but after getting as far as I am I had second thoughts. He's career Army and they move a lot and his wife doesn't keep things just for sentimental reasons so I made them a different quilt that if she doesn't keep it for some reason it won't bother me so much. I know gifts aren't always appreciated no matter what they are!

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Thanks, QuiltE. I did post quite a few and have lots of singles waiting for their partner. I was working on these before I ever met the PC riders. I first wanted to make this for my DS's 25th anniversary but after getting as far as I am I had second thoughts. He's career Army and they move a lot and his wife doesn't keep things just for sentimental reasons so I made them a different quilt that if she doesn't keep it for some reason it won't bother me so much. I know gifts aren't always appreciated no matter what they are!

Absolutely! Quilts are only for those who will appreciate them! And similarly which quilts we choose should be accordingly too. I gave up trying to get in order of week one, two etc. and now have just been hopscotching about yours. Funny how you'd started this before you found us and now you can finish amidst us all!!!!!!!

Good decision then, to not give them the FWS, and one more fitting!! And now you can enjoy your finishing journey and admire the results. I am really liking your sashaing/cornerstone choice ... of course, I do have this thing about rusts and earthtones!

I enjoyed reading all your chats
    Here's my Cups and Saucers though they don't look like it. I know why: it's all about colour placement. I did mine wrong but I will keep it this way. Nobody knows the name of the block once in the quilt
    I still have to do the other one but I will take a break from all those tiny triangles and do an easier one LOL
    Name:  Cups&Saucers (640 x 640).jpg
Views: 43
Size:  79.5 KB
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast