Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. >

Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES.

Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tinynedl
Hi Everybody,

I'm a little late arriving to BOMs here, but I got caught up. I am doing a patriotic quilt, so I thought I'd do the BOMs in patriotic colors. There will be 48 blocks total, so doing a new block each month will keep me interested in the project all year long. I made the January Friendship Star X 4 to make it 12", and I really had fun with this month's star, since I like paper piecing.

BTW, I love everyone's 'take' on their stars-- love the colors and variety of value placement. C'mon, March 15th, get here soon!

Cheers!
Marti
Gorgeous! Love your fabric choices and colours! Lovely! :-D
Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM

Hi Everybody,

I'm a little late arriving to BOMs here, but I got caught up. I am doing a patriotic quilt, so I thought I'd do the BOMs in patriotic colors. There will be 48 blocks total, so doing a new block each month will keep me interested in the project all year long. I made the January Friendship Star X 4 to make it 12", and I really had fun with this month's star, since I like paper piecing.

BTW, I love everyone's 'take' on their stars-- love the colors and variety of value placement. C'mon, March 15th, get here soon!

Cheers!
Marti
Hold on Marti, I'm getting up off the floor, your 2nd star blew me out of my seat! That is one of the most beautiful blocks I have seen. Love the colors!
Tulip
Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gwenny
Is there a pattern for the Jan. block you did or do you have measurements. I would like to do one like that and am too new to figure measurements out?
Hi Everybody,

Cheers!
Marti
At the bottom of the page of this link, you will find info about each star we have done so far and future star BOM info will be posted there.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=2000

Glad you are joining us.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM

I have done both blocks but I like the one with four in a twelve inch block and looking for a pattern or sizes on that one if anyone can help with that part. Thank you.
Originally Posted by JudyG
Is there a pattern for the Jan. block you did or do you have measurements. I would like to do one like that and am too new to figure measurements out?
Hi Everybody,

Cheers!
Marti
At the bottom of the page of this link, you will find info about each star we have done so far and future star BOM info will be posted there.

Glad you are joining us.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Ooooohhhh!!!! Mine is next! Hope you all like what I chose! :-)
Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 PM

I have done both blocks but I like the one with four in a twelve inch block and looking for a pattern or sizes on that one if anyone can help with that part. Thank you.
Hi Everybody,

Cheers!
Marti

Glad you are joining us.
Gwenny, if you want to make one with four of the friendship stars in it, each block for each star would be 2" finished, so you would need four 2-1/2" half-square triangle, and five 2-1/2" plain blocks to make each star. Each star block should be 6-1/2" square before you sew them all together.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM

Beautiful! Thank you so much sorry I just am kinda new and not so easy for me to figure that out yet. I will get it though. :)
Hi Everybody,

Cheers!
Marti

Glad you are joining us.
Gwenny, if you want to make one with four of the friendship stars in it, each block for each star would be 2" finished, so you would need four 2-1/2" half-square triangle, and five 2-1/2" plain blocks to make each star. Each star block should be 6-1/2" square before you sew them all together.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM

Beautiful! Thank you so much sorry I just am kinda new and not so easy for me to figure that out yet. I will get it though. :)
You are very welcome, Gwenny. If you need any further help, just let me know.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 AM

here's my block. It's my first attempt at paper piecing and will probably be my last!! Don't ask what's happened in the middle cos I don't know, and I got my colours around the wrong way in the little middle star, grrrrr. So not great, thought pp made you more accurate, but not in my case it seems :(
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153661.jpe  
Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM

I think it's a great star, Cornishmaid, especially for your first time ever paperpiecing. You might have mixed up your colors a little, but it has it's own personality. I like it. Don't let the fact that it didn't come out as you like it deter you from trying again. As I've mentioned before, paperpiecing isn't my favorite either, but some things you just can't make without it. So I hope you keep on with us in this BOM.