The FWS 30's Quiltalong  Holiday Break --- Will Resume March 29th >

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Holiday Break --- Will Resume March 29th

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Holiday Break --- Will Resume March 29th

Old 03-23-2016, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the help on the y-seams.

Happy Easter Everyone!
Old 03-25-2016, 09:54 AM

Okay, I made a new May and it's not perfect but sooo much better than the first one. I'll show it off next week. Thanks for the tute, Honchey. I just recommended it to one of our board members on another thread. I found it helpful to make a little snip almost to the thread before turning the fabric and I removed the paper after sewing down the first side to make it easier to turn. I freezer paper piece, so since I don't sew through the paper at all, it's easy to remove without distorting the fabric.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:03 PM

Katybob, when you use freezer paper do you use templates or foundation pping patterns...I used freezer paper years ago and forgot how to do it..
Old 03-25-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Katybob, when you use freezer paper do you use templates or foundation pping patterns...I used freezer paper years ago and forgot how to do it..
I print the pping patterns from the CD on freezer paper. I order 8-1/2" x 11" freezer paper from cjenkinscompany.com. It's a little pricey, but 100 sheets go a long way and it goes through my printer easily.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:57 AM

What a nice idea, Katybob. Thanks for the site address.

Those of you who might like a look at my famly, see the PC thread...also my latest quilt is pictured there. It was our 50 th wedding anniversary party last Thursday. It was very nice, but I am glad its all done and over. Whew! Maybe things can settle down to normal now.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

I am putting together with pins the first little section of the May block. It took a couple of hours just getting that right or maybe right. hehe.... I will try sewing it soon. Who knows how it will turn out, but it's fun trying anyway. If if I get this block done, I sure wouldn't attest to what size it will be when finished.

I am so glad I finally found where QuiltingNinaSue's pictures were. The portrait of her and her husband is just beautiful, and lots of nice pictures of her family too. I didn't find it at first, because of looking for PC. I had not been to the pony club thread. I must have thought it meant politically correct. lol...
Old 03-28-2016, 04:11 PM

A few more pictures to aid those doing May.... May is not complete, but hope the tips help....where the lines cross one another STOP, pivot and sew again. [ATTACH=CONFIG]546315[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546316[/ATTACH]I call it my 'longhorn' The dot on the light green you can see, it is the STOP sign where you stop stitching. Good luck. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0414.jpg   1-dscn0417.jpg  
Old 03-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Power Poster

Thank you QNS. Wish me luck.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:22 AM

You are blessed and wished luck, JuneBille. You have two eyes to see with and I struggle with one that sees 90 per cent on good days. It does create problems, I try to overcome....sometimes I can, and sometimes I cannot, but I really try and then try harder. To give up is not an opinion. Nor do I normally complain...I can still see.... a bit.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Some of my meds cause me to have a lot of blurriness. I am thankful for my one good eye too.In my left eye I have the lazy eye, as does my dad, and one of my sisters. Dad gave that to us. lol...I have some peripheral vision in it, but it doesn't focus.

Mom made me have the patch over my good eye as we call it when I was little and same with my sister while watching tv etc. for about 4 hours per day. That helped our lazy eye to be straight, but still doesn't focus. I think today with kids they can operate on them now, but at my age I am not going to do that. I have a cataract starting though in my good eye.

I don't have anything in my eye like you do QNS. You have a hard time I am sure. I am like you, I won't give up. You are an inspiration.