Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along 45 Block (Halfway) Milestone

Yep, I did a grid, QuiltE. Then went a step more, printing the name of the block on it, and the week of PC when we did it. So the sequence of block order follows the original book the patterns. Of Course, I made notes in the PC book, as I did in the FWSQ book...had a contact on QB that wanted to 'buy' my FWSQ book...and I said a firm, 'No!"

Both books will stay with the respective quilt. They contain the stories for right now. Gave thought to printing out the page of each block I made and displayed on QB but the number is a bit over whelming combining the FWSQ one hundred and eleven books and the PC ninety blocks. Still thinking.

QNS, I'm doing the same with my Dear Jane book, it's like a little diary. I didn't do that with the PC book though and in my Sylvia Bridal Sampler book I only write the date I finish the block. But selling those books: NO, never!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Yep, I did a grid, QuiltE. Then went a step more, printing the name of the block on it, and the week of PC when we did it. So the sequence of block order follows the original book the patterns. Of Course, I made notes in the PC book, as I did in the FWSQ book...had a contact on QB that wanted to 'buy' my FWSQ book...and I said a firm, 'No!"

Both books will stay with the respective quilt. They contain the stories for right now. Gave thought to printing out the page of each block I made and displayed on QB but the number is a bit over whelming combining the FWSQ one hundred and eleven books and the PC ninety blocks. Still thinking.
    Wonderful!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Anael and QNSue ... are your notes in your books, the changes or tricky things about the quilt block? or more about what is happening in your lives as you make the blocks? or your personal reminiscences as to memories the blocks made you think about? Great idea to do all the notes.

My books have the dates I completed each block and then number of pieces .... nothing else though. And no way I would get rid of them. Aside from the stories in the books, I see them as an incredible resource to use when looking for different blocks to make.

A few years ago, I bought a perpetual calendar with a block every day. It's kind of fun to turn the page each day and see what the next block is. I've often thought it'd be fun to make each block in the calendar, doing it one block per day! Maybe some day? ... or perhaps that'd be some year?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10