Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB QUILT-ALONG   Week 1 Discussion Page   A Beauty & A Dandy >

THE FWS PONY CLUB QUILT-ALONG Week 1 Discussion Page A Beauty & A Dandy

THE FWS PONY CLUB QUILT-ALONG Week 1 Discussion Page A Beauty & A Dandy

Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 AM

Hi , I just want all of you to know that I have tried several times to comment on all the goings on and when I go to send...I get the response...."Quiltboard not responding" then my cp freezes up on me and I have to shut it down. I have seen all the lovelies and they are just great! Honchey
Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Hi , I just want all of you to know that I have tried several times to comment on all the goings on and when I go to send...I get the response...."Quiltboard not responding" then my cp freezes up on me and I have to shut it down. I have seen all the lovelies and they are just great! Honchey

I can't get on thru my email it bounces on/off on/off but I can get on thru the site itself. I wish I could just click on my email and it would go thru guess they are still having troubles.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Default Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Hi Everyone! I probably won't be able to keep up with you all. I just recently lost my mother in law whom I loved dearly. I have all my fabrics washed, dried and ironed just waiting to be cut into. I'm such a newbie, I've never made a full size quilt and I've never used templates. When I do get to it I'll probably have lots of questions. If determination counts for anything, I should be able to do this. See you all later.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Termi ... so sorry for your loss. Take the time you need to mourn your loss and deal with the things that need your attention. Remember, this isn't a race, and the joy is in the journey! You may find that some sewing will be good therapy for you, as you remember your MIL. We'll be here, and ready to help you along, when you come back!

Honchey
... oh dear, now that's no good! Maybe it's a message that this new fangled computer stuff, just doesn't fit with the Pony Club era of 1915!

Yoooohhoooooooooo is
JeanieG, our resident computer-geek .... wake up you West Coaster, and help out Honchey!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:09 AM

Honchey, (Anne) I wonder if your memory cards are "seeded" (firmly in their slots) 'cause lack of memory can cause that problem. I had that happen to me a lot in the last few months of 2011 because my memory bits were getting smaller..mostly they died. BIL put new ones in and I am speeding along is cyperspace. With a new computer, they may need to be pressed more firmly in place...had that happen at work quite a bit. Pencil erasers are nice to "clean up" the gold area that makes the contact on the memory cards...

Nice to see everyone's blocks. Will try to catch up by next week...undecided on fabrics to use.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM

This is a brand new cp and I'm finding if I keep the messages short and sweet it's not a problem...If I take too long ..that's when it happens
Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 PM

May be take it back to your shop where it was purchased and tell them what it is doing and let them look at it. I have learned through experience on the job, plus our children have computer (electronic) degrees & builds their own computers from components. Junior high students had me learning in the high speed lane to attempt to keep up with their knowledge. Our son learned how to read and run up his favorite programs on our home computer before he started school. Or maybe your server has a problem similar to our: nemr has grown in customers beyond their band width. It is like a 5 inch pipe drain going down through a two inch pipe connector.

It should not stall on you when your messages are larger (using more memory to react).
Old 01-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
........I had that happen to me a lot in the last few months of 2011 because my memory bits were getting smaller............

Whoooooooooaaaa!
This is all Greek to me!
EXCEPT the above section ..... I often feel like that!! My memory bits sure are getting smaller ...... maybe early alzheimers for me?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
MiraBelle ... How many have you got done now?

I did my maiden block last night .... I've promised myself, I cannot do the 2nd til I make more FWS blocks and am at less than twenty left to do! Yes, the bargain I cut with myself, so that I won't lose momentum on my FWS!

Everyone ... any tips and hints for me, when I tackle "A Beauty"?
Hi Quilte
Do I really have to fess up !!! ok I have the first 8 blocks finished I knew that January was going to be a busy month for me and I wanted to at least stay on track for the first couple of weeks.
PP has always been my preferred method for small blocks so I am really enjoying making these blocks.
Promise I won't do anymore for at least a week
Old 01-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Hi Quilte
Do I really have to fess up !!! ok I have the first 8 blocks finished I knew that January was going to be a busy month for me and I wanted to at least stay on track for the first couple of weeks.
PP has always been my preferred method for small blocks so I am really enjoying making these blocks.
Promise I won't do anymore for at least a week

Hey MiraB ... nothing wrong with being organized and ahead of the game! We always need trailblazers. Besides, you folks down under are ALWAYS ahead of us!

So ... how about some hints for me on that dastardly A Beauty! Did you take note that I left it for block #2 (or perhaps #42?) and went the easy route for my starter block!!