Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 13  Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page

Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 AM

I just love Wednesdays!! So much to ooh & aah over.
Arte: love the way your pony seems to be jumping right off the fabric-great block.
Wendiq: your little cowpokes make me smile--they are too cute. I found a few blocks coming up that I'm going to skip/substitute. I got the y-seams done okay in a couple of blocks but I agree: why stress? I learned the technique, don't like it, and won't do it (she says as she stomps her foot like a 2 year old LOL!!)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 AM

Anael - Your white horse looks alive! Such great FC skills!
Carrie - Your Clover leaf is going ta be beautiful. Nice Captian's wheel! Your fabric choices are always beautiful, these blocks are no exception. Your sashing & cornerstone fabric will be a great accent.
Jan - I love that turquoise. Your bird is darling! Those greens are a perfect accent for her.
GG - You're doing better at catching up than I am! Good going!
Loveing - Your Captian's Wheel is beautiful! Don't you dare change it! You accomplished that Painted Desert look perfectly! (Please don't change it.)
Art - That horse looks so happy! He's free! Your color choices are, as always, perfect for him. I also like your new avatar. So pretty!
Windi - Great block, & so in keeping with the pony club theme. Those little cowpokes are darling!

In regards to my plates. I used cheater cloth fabrics 'cause I wanted a quilted theme. I made 4 of each 'cause We had hoped that 12 people would go ta the retreat. Only 10 came so I ended up with 2 of the bird plates! Debbie hosted the retreat so I gave her another one of the #3 plates. (I kept forgetting ta count myself as one of the 10! So I kept thinking that someone didn't git their plate! Talk about feeling sheepish!)
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 AM

Wow, another week of beautiful blocks! Love to see them all.

Honchey, I like the fabrics you will be using for CL. Your CW looks great, the center is a beautiful scene!

LovingIzabella, I absolutely love the fabrics you used, they are gorgeous!!! Great job!

JanieW, cute fabrics in CL, are those tiny stars? Beautiful green. Very cute center in CW, well done!!

dublb, your plates are just gorgeous!!! what a great idea!

QuiltE, your CL is beautiful with the green and yellow. Love that smiling horse in CW. He looks like he's very proud of something. Very pretty star fabric in the background. As always, great job!!

anael, very cute fabric in CW, a beautiful horse and cowboy stuff including a quiver of arrows! Nice job!!

Carriem, beautiful fabrics in both blocks, love that plum color. Nice work!!

JanRN, what a pretty shade of blue in CL and your points are perfect!! Very pretty blue bird in CW. We have them checking out our bird houses. That's one beautiful block!!

ArteEmCasa, in CW the brown and green look so great together. The small green print is so cute. Great horse fabric too and nice job!!

wendiq, Oh, how cute!!!!! It's stunning the way the colors work together, great job!!!

Well I guess I'll show you mine. Not too happy with CW. I too forgot about the mirror image plus the corners of the block don't line up. Don't know what the heck happened.
Attached Thumbnails img_1603.jpg   img_1604.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 AM

Termi...you really got the wheels going didn't you? You were able to square up the CW...it will work. And your horses and sheep are really in clover! Great job.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 AM

Lots to drool over this morning.

I am admiring your plates, dublb, very creative.

Anael,.. good for you getting your spokes on the wheel going the right way. I love your colours, that green is so soft.

carriem.. such rich colours, they make your blocks look great well done.

JanRN.. good job on those bleeping Y seams. I really like your blue clover leaf, but the soft greens and bluebirs are just superb.

ArteEmCasa..your horse is just terrific. Again I am impressed by your work and the colours in your fabrics.

Wendyq... your little people are so cute. What a neat idea.

Termi.. the wagon wheels add a new look to that block. I am a sheep lover so really like the idea to put them in among your clover.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM

Termi - Oh wow! Your wagon wheels are such a darling touch. So what if it is backwards & your unique spokes are a great design change. Your FCing in both blocks are perfect. Who else would have thought ta put both sheep & horses in a field of clover??
Old 03-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
I just love Wednesdays!! So much to ooh & aah over.
Arte: love the way your pony seems to be jumping right off the fabric-great block.
Wendiq: your little cowpokes make me smile--they are too cute. I found a few blocks coming up that I'm going to skip/substitute. I got the y-seams done okay in a couple of blocks but I agree: why stress? I learned the technique, don't like it, and won't do it (she says as she stomps her foot like a 2 year old LOL!!)
Oh JANRN You're on to me.....LOL! But you put it so much better......HeeHee....
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM

TERMI.....LOVE the wagon wheels......
Old 03-28-2012, 01:45 PM

Love your blocks, Termi. Those wagon wheels are so cute and your horses & sheep look so content in their clover.

What does mirror image mean? Am I missing something about the blocks? (wouldn't be the first time LOL).
Old 03-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Anael ... Looks like another perfect block on your part! I really like the green, the shading shows it off nicely, and the colour looks so fresh. Great FC work!

CarrieM ... I Like I Like !!! the more I see of your fabrics, the more I am drooling!!! That plum and turquoise in your Clover Leaf are so beautiful and works so well along with the light print. And look at the FC work!! Great contrasts and seam work in your Captain's Wheel. Your sashing and cornerstones are going to really make your blocks pop! Can't wait to see the 30 block milestone with these fabrics.

JanRN ... oooooooohhhhh springy turquoise and then the fresh green of spring with lots of sunlight in it. Both blocks are absolutely stunning. I particularly am fond of the way your Captain's Wheel came to life with the bird and the dark/light fabric mix. I have some of that bird fabric .. you're giving me ideas!

GGal ... yes we can e-file! However I don't ... I still bundle stuff up and take it to the accountant and then he e-files. There's some elements within mine that just aren't friendly to most people and many still opt to work thru an accountant when in these situations.

♥Iz ... oh so colourful you are! Yours looks just fine. I'm not sweating it out with the mirror image thing. A lot of the blocks do their own flipping, so perhaps the ones that you have done have flipped it on their own? So Lucky Charms, eh? Can't wait to see what comes!!

ArteEC ... What a perfect match of prints with the FC horse . The wheel spokes look like more of the fence and the horse appears it is jumping into a field of green covered in white clover blossoms! It's so nicely done.

WendiQ ... those little darling cowpokes look like they're related to some I've seen in JanieW's! I like your Lucky Horseshoes amidst the green fields of the pinwheels. Please don't let the Captain's Wheel scare you away ... it's not really that hard. Just PP it. Because of the larger pieces, it's a good one to learn/practice y-seams.

Termi ... What a great interpretation ... wheels within the Wheel!!! Terrific colour mixing. And then beautiful clover fabric spinning in the pinwheels as the horses and sheep graze quietly along.

All ... thank you for the many kind words to my blocks! I had fun doing the Cowboy Santa ... and look forward to seeing how others will use that fabric! I'm liking that yellow "spark" as JanRN called it, though am hoping it doesn't become too sunny bright!! I'm hoping to do a major catch up during spring break and then want to keep with the posse from here on. At least I hope I can!!!