Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along  wk 16   Eastertide & Ella's Star  Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 16 Eastertide & Ella's Star Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 16 Eastertide & Ella's Star Discussion Page

Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

Cowlot??? ... oh go ahead and tell everyone WHERE those dogs really go!

Kids and dogs just go together so well. While we didn't have kids, I was always amazed at how well they were with kids, when they were around. Our dogs got into the house ... only the kitchen and family room. And generally, only when my husband was in the housel. Other than that they were out on the loose!! And yes, in the cowlot, etc!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:15 PM

My babies are so spoiled! They sleep in the house at night. We make 'em go out for about 6 ta 9 hours a day ta play. I do feel that I'd know if someone were ta come into the house. Out back they bark at everything, so I would just ignore them if they were barkin' at someone comin' into the house.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:22 AM

I am so far behind with all the chatter. This time of year is not the best for me to get computer time.

I am expecting company next week. My very good friend is coming for a visit. She is very sedentary and I am not. I have been trying to get a mess of my preemie quilts done to the hand sewing the binding stage so that I will have something to do while we sit. My 4 year old grandson wanted to "help" me make "blankets for the babies" yesterday and we actually managed to cobble together two tops! He is so cute... he loves to get into my stash and find what he call bootiful fabric. his twin couldn't care less.

I am helping my husband put together a greenhouse that has a gazillion nut and bolts and he can't twist with his right hand. After two days of doing this in the very cold weather we are still talking pleasantly to each other!

A decadent bread pudding recipe is made with nutella. Make nutella sandwiches with the bread before you cube it and then proceed as usual with milk/eggs, etc.

Must get busy. I miss the banter on here and hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

Janie
Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Oh so cute about your DGS and his booootiful fabric! What fun to have him "helping" make the preemie quilts. And good planning on your part to have some sitting work to do when your friend is with you. Maybe you could get her doing some of the hand sewing too? (method in your madness ... or at least in mine!! Or should I say devious, am I?)

Nothing but *s*m*i*l*e*s* for you and your DH and your giant meccano set ......... and imagine that, still talking pleasantly!!! It must be things like decadent bread puddings that are keeping the peace!

We miss you too, but totally understand. Before you know it, you'll be back in the saddle again!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-02-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:05 PM

I know some Snow's here in Oklahoma, first name of Roy.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:10 AM

So sad...morning coffee and no new eye candy. Oh well, it's off to the sewing room I go. I'm finishing binding a crib quilt I'm making for my DH's first great grandchild and I'll pull out my Texas Star and put it on my design wall for inspiration. It's a UFO I will work on for the international challenge that QuiltE is heading up with another Cunuck. It's been waiting in the wings for over a year!

JanieW...what an accomplishment with the greenhouse. How big is it and what do you plan to grow in it? Just how far along is your garden season? I'm much further south and with the early spring, I picked my first bowl of strawberries. The potatoes are hilled up, the peas climbing the fence and the tomatoes and peppers are planted. I love nutella. I often have it on saltines and tell myself how healthy it is because I'm eating hazelnuts! Better than having the cookie jar full since both of us would eat until it was empty. DH doesn't like Nutella and I don't indulge every day.

Last edited by gardnergal970; 05-06-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

GGal ... good thing DH doesn't like nutella ... leaves more for you! Bet it would make a nice dipper for those fresh berries!

After all the praises I've heard sung about nutella, can you believe, I have NEVER tried it! I've been tempted to buy some, just to know .... so far resisting, knowing that it might become just a little too dangerous. Red Light! Red Light!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 AM

Re: Nutella...if you like peanut butter and chocolate together you have to try this recipe: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appe...ut-butter-dip/

It is really good on gram-crackers and pretzels (esp. the pretzel crisps)
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Red Light! Red Light!! Red Light!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

Since I'm not a peanut butter fan, nutella firts the bill and then some!! 6 yo comes down often with a nutella smile.--her little cheeks smudged with nutella after eat n on toast! So yes QE will probably blow the red light, sail right through, rush to the nearest grocery and become addicted, too.