Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 27 Lucky Star & mother's Delight Photo Page

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing mirabelle! Such great organizing.
    Wish I could be so neat and tidy; alas I keep trying. An overnight guest today said, "But G, it only takes 21 days to develop a good habit." Laughing as she said this because we've known each other since she was 7 and as my DD's best friend she's seen my house at its best and its worst!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

MiraB ... such wonderful storage and so well organized. Now please do show us the rest of the room ... where you sew, what view you have, and more! I'm sure you're going to really enjoy your new location. What's happening with your old room? Does it become a bedroom to replace the one you have taken over? ENJOY!!!!!!!

OKSGlad ... Friends who have seen the best and the worst of our lives, are TRULY friends! ENJOY your time with her while you can!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Great job Anne, my block is still in pieces!

Mirabelle - looks like you are ready to sit down and sew in your new room. I'm like you, mine is always neat also! I cannot work in a mess!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

QuiltE will take photos of the rest of the room next weekend when DH has set up my tables. He wants to make sure the electrical cords are out of the way so I don't take anymore tumbles. Unfortunately I do not have a "view" outside my window as my neighbours are very close. So I put up nice new curtains.
    My "old" sewing room has converted back to my DD's bedroom or guest room now.

QuiltingNinaSue just say when and I'll be there, but I must warn you I am ruthless when cleaning and sorting stuff.
    Karen

MiraB ... I'm so glad that your DH sees the importance of making safety #1 in this resettling! And too, just makes it so much neater too. Nice new curtains will be a nice treat too!!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Anne, great block--love the fabric colors and your points are perfect.

Mirab, love your "play ground"--nice, neat, organized. Looks like the perfect place to work.
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Thanks for the compliments........I'm trying to use my scraps and it's getting more difficult as I've been looking at these scraps for the past 2 yrs and none of it is calling me...I've been cutting up & sewing alot into 1 1/2" squares for a postage stamp block....the remainder goes into a pile for a spider web block....I've also done a few crumb blocks...It's supposed to get really hot again so I won't be going outside...I'll be able to sit and sew this week...I'm working at the Viking Gallery for 2 full days...long days as it takes me 45 min each way + the 9 hours of playtime...fun fun fun for me! Now to see about the next set of blocks...H.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Thanks for the compliments........I'm trying to use my scraps and it's getting more difficult as I've been looking at these scraps for the past 2 yrs and none of it is calling me...I've been cutting up & sewing alot into 1 1/2" squares for a postage stamp block....the remainder goes into a pile for a spider web block....I've also done a few crumb blocks...It's supposed to get really hot again so I won't be going outside...I'll be able to sit and sew this week...I'm working at the Viking Gallery for 2 full days...long days as it takes me 45 min each way + the 9 hours of playtime...fun fun fun for me! Now to see about the next set of blocks...H.
    Thought you'd like to take a look at these two made with 1.5 squares from a recent poster. You could be sewing a pair of squares between PPing the PC blocks.

2 Scrappies done

Enjoy.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 07-16-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Yep, I always use squares for leaders/enders as I sew these blocks!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Name:  Week 27.JPG
Views: 67
Size:  181.8 KB
    Here are mine for the week.
    Honchey, your block is stunning. I know what you mean about getting tired of the same fabrics. I finally allowed myself to use another group and choices were much easier.
    Mirabelle, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you not running out of fabric. I had just barely enough for my last quilt and was so glad to finish that last block. You've also inspired me to part with some fabric that was given me that I will probably never use. Thanks.
    JanR...your colors really make your blocks shine. Love them
    Oksewglad...happy to see you back in your pony. With all that you've been doing, I know you're spread thin. Also, your mindless sewing of crumb blocks is something I should do. I have lots of scraps but hate the process of cutting them into specific sizes.
    Last edited by gardnergal970; 07-16-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast