Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 30 Morning Star & Mayflower Photo page

Blog Entries
    Oh these blocks are just too cute! I saw Honchey's boots and immediately thought "Do-see-do" and then to catch the others. Wonderful blocks on all counts as always!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thank you all!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Janice Thompson, we are the group on the Farmers' wife Pony Club trail; doing two blocks a week and on our 60th block out of 90.

Laura Aaron B. wrote both the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt and FW pony club based on an old magazine published back in 1910 to 1939. First was a contest for the farmer's wives to write in if they would want their daughters to marry a farmer...and she published some of the letters, and created blocks for each of the 111 stories she told. Then she followed up with the second book based on the ponies children won from the Farmer's Wife Magazine...90 stories and 90 quilt blocks All of us participating have purchased the books...for the right to use the pattern for the blocks. Your Local Quilt Shop or Amazon lists her books.

Blog Entries
    Hi, everyone. Sad to say I have not been participating in your Pony Club journey. I had all good intentions but somehow all the other projects I'm doing have gotten in the way. But I've been following along and love all your blocks. I'm kinda glad I'm not making this quilt right now because some of these blocks look so intimidating! I look forward to your weekly show of eye candy. Thanks!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Thanks for the info. I'll check Amazon for the books
    Quiltlady

Evie, jump in when you want too. Maude's Album is a good one to do, no Y seams. If you are looking, you can see we all substitute now and then, and you could too. Check out the www.quilterscape.com for free block ideas and join us on the active list again.

Correction on what I said above, Janice Thompson, the author is Laurie Aaron Hird for the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt book and the Farmer's Wife Pony Club book. Sorry, I got distracted, and the correct info left what mind I have. lol!!

More riders we have on this journey, the merrily we roll along...if you have been among the missing and enjoying our virtual RV with everything, chatting with us about quilts and patterns, we have enjoyed your input...please, continue to do so when you can.

Here are Morning Star and NOT Mayflower (I substituted a New York Beauty corner instead--no y seams for this pony rider)Name:  Morning Star & Substitute.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  578.0 KB
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

I love your blocks, Jan. Well done.

Evie jump in any time. Even if ya don't want ta make any blocks we welcome all in-put. Join us in making blocks when ya can. I haven't been able ta make any blocks for about 3 months! I know that when I do, this group will be there for me & we'll be there for you also!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast