Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 30 Morning Star & Mayflower Photo page

Great blocks everyone. I have Mayflower done, but need to get the other one put together.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Name:  Week 30 Bouncing Betty American Charmer.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  195.8 KB I choose two subs for this week. I went to Quilters Cache and used Bouncing Betty and American Charmer.

Beautiful blocks. Love the colors you used.

Ggal, great blocks. I've been making my subs from Quilters Cache, too. I've had 2 come out 1/2" too small. Have you had this happen? I'm just going to add a border so they're still usable. I don't think I screwed up (well, maybe) because I paper pieced them; they just came out small.
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Oh GG they are beautiful!!!!! Perfect subs!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Ggal, great blocks. I've been making my subs from Quilters Cache, too. I've had 2 come out 1/2" too small. Have you had this happen? I'm just going to add a border so they're still usable. I don't think I screwed up (well, maybe) because I paper pieced them; they just came out small.
    Jan, I have had the same problem with the Quilter's Cache PP patterns. I usually use Chrome as a browser, so someone said to switch to Internet Explorer. I tried that and the patterns did measure 1" in the test square. Also be sure to tell the printer program that comes up to print "actual size". Hope that helps!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I've only used patterns that I could use my templates for and they sized out okay. For now, I've sworn off pp and y seams.

Blog Entries
    Very appropriate subs, GGal. Deb Watkins on another thread also mentioned that QCache often times are a little off and to use that elusive scant 1/4" seam allowance
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks Jeanie-I use IE but I didn't measure the 1" square; I just started sewing. I'll definitely check the next one. I'm not sure how to do a scant 1/4" seam when pp, OKsewglad but I'll also keep that in mind. You guys are so helpful-thank you!
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

GGal--pretty blocks. I can't wait to see them IRL...you are taking them to the retreat right?? Just over a month away!! YAY!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast