Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 30 Morning Star & Mayflower Photo page

Honchey ... ITA ... I often think of it as Quilters ADHD! I have an extreme chronic case of it!

Anael ... cute littel cowpokes there!

Jan ... perfect on the contrasts and theme of your blocks. Your sub, is like a sun/moon too.

Evie ... I'm waaaaaay behind, so you'll have company for the ride. Remember, I was considerably later starting my FWS, but still got it done!

Honchey ... Morning Star has been well worth the extra work! As DublB mentioned, you'll always remember the Olympics with this quilt. I remember well, the many hours of the Winter Olympics here in Canada while I worked on Miss Mazel!

GGal ... pretty pretty pretty!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    GGal--pretty blocks. I can't wait to see them IRL...you are taking them to the retreat right?? Just over a month away!! YAY!
    Hadn't thought of it but sure could. Yes...the retreat is getting closer! Are you bringing something special to sew?

Yes, Crystal and I are both bringing our PC blocks to work on. We have been busy getting paper patterns and fabrics cut so all we have to do is sew, sew, sew at the retreat. I need to look at the shop-hop website and find hours for each of the shops...we are going to try to get all the ones around Indy before going to the retreat and then the rest on our way home Saturday. Crystal had something come up so we can't stay Saturday night.

Oh Lordy did I hate Morning Star. It took me forever to PP this blasted block!!!! Then I realized when it was all put together that the star in the center did not turn out because the fabrics both had busy prints in them. UGH not a favorite for me!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Your "busy" block will balance out in your quilt. I like it! Your mayflower is lovely too!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Great blocks, Jeanie. Morning Star was one of my favorites (I'm really anal, aren't I??). You are going to have a nice colorful quilt, lots of fun fabrics in there.
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Jeanie..I've done that too just because the prints looked okay so far as color I didn't think about the pattern of each together. I chalked mine up to learning. It's nice that you went ahead and finished it.

Jeanie--I can't wait to see your blocks all together...you have a great variety of fabrics. I can see the "stars", just have to look a minute.

Blog Entries
    Jeanie, you've just learned one of the basic tenets of fabric selection and working in miniature or with small pieces. Fabric design is altered more than you realize when working with small pieces. But still a very striking block.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thanks for all the kind remarks everyone!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast