Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along wk 35 Patience Corners & Pleasant Paths Discussion Page

OK - I really feel for you, one of my uncles is not doing well at all! I have one uncle (age 92) left on my mom's side and one uncle (age 82) left on my dad's side! Talk about the "older" generation - I am now there. I was the oldest grandchild on my dad's side also, and my youngest cousin is 39. I have kids older than that! I am sure making a quilt in her honor will be a cherished memory of her.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG...You are the cp wizard so I have to ask...how can I crop a photo of a block that isn't scanned..I open paint and it will let me do many things but not crop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    OK - I really feel for you, one of my uncles is not doing well at all! I have one uncle (age 92) left on my mom's side and one uncle (age 82) left on my dad's side! Talk about the "older" generation - I am now there. I was the oldest grandchild on my dad's side also, and my youngest cousin is 39. I have kids older than that! I am sure making a quilt in her honor will be a cherished memory of her.
    Thanks, Jeanie. I think a mini TATW is the ticket. For her 90th BD I made her this little quilt. She loved it.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/swedish-flag-special-auntie-t60979.html
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

{Huggs} OK
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    JeanieG...You are the cp wizard so I have to ask...how can I crop a photo of a block that isn't scanned..I open paint and it will let me do many things but not crop.
    Use Picassa (a free google program). You can crop in that, and then use the resize feature to shrink the original so you can upload it to the Quilting Board.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

This is now my messy sewing room. I have spent the day cutting 840 triangles in blue and 840 in cream, tomorrow I tackle the pile of purple fabric.
    I spun the ironing board around so I could embroider and cut at the same time, (I'm left handed). The go cutter has certainly been working overtime today.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    This is now my messy sewing room. I have spent the day cutting 840 triangles in blue and 840 in cream, tomorrow I tackle the pile of purple fabric.
    I spun the ironing board around so I could embroider and cut at the same time, (I'm left handed). The go cutter has certainly been working overtime today.
    All I can say is that I hope your DD appreciates how much you love her to do all the cutting for her quilt even if you used the go cutter! That's a lot of cutting. BTW, she chose lovely fabric.

OK--Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Mirabelle--WOW! That's a lot of squares/HST! Can't wait to see your progress after the retreat. I too am getting things ready this week for the retreat next...so excited!!

Yep, it looks like prep for a Bonnie (Quiltville) quilt. She loves those HST! Except she usually give us a week to cut and sew them.

hey all, sorry I have been missing the last few weeks. I just got Dh back from Australia a few days ago. the wedding went PERFECT!!! I have been working on the wedding quilt, it has thousands of one inchers I will share photo when I get them layed out next. I also made a crochet afghan for brides parents since I couldnt meet them, which they LOVED
    my son had his cast removed and seems to be back to business with life, he still needs to work with it more, do some therapy. my sister is here to help me for a bit, I was hoping she would help me get caught up on cutting out PC blocks, but she brought her quilt she wants me to help her with... so we will see

I am EXCITED about the bonus blocks! thinking..... barbed wire
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast