Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 37 Railroad Crossing, Homeward Bound Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 37 Railroad Crossing, Homeward Bound Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 37 Railroad Crossing, Homeward Bound Discussion Page

Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM

Default The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 37 Railroad Crossing, Homeward Bound Discussion Page

Hello, Hello Everyone, The Yahoo FWSPC will be closing as of the 23rd of this month. We may get a few quilters that would like to continue with a group...The moderator that took over for Laurie really tried hard to keep it going...there were only a few that showed any interest...not enough tho for it to continue..I asked for the rest of Laurie's letters to be sent to me if that's not possible I will have to download them individually...I feel sad...Liz really tried to make a go of it....

Week 37 is upon us and I'm still piecing my blocks....This weeks blocks seem easy so far...that is until all the sections go together..for me anyway

Lots of chatter here lately..I didn't participate in much of the chatter ...I did read it tho...I would have loved to attend a retreat with any of you...I'm jealous that I'm not close enough..

I and my family attended our 8th annual reunion and I was very busy preparing lots of goodies to eat..we had a good time...I have a couple of photos I will be sharing after I upload them from the camera.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 PM

Sorry the Yahoo group is closing down; of course, we will welcome them in our virtual RV and to take part as they wish. Good for you at your family reunion...will look forward to your pictures.

Bf did have her surgery today and all went well. Now for the recovery for four to six weeks or more before she can go full steam ahead. Thanks to all for your prayers.

One rancher's wife, so worried about her attending the Western States Ranchers Meeting with her husband that she came up with a wonderful sewing project for her to wear to the meeting...she sewed and embroidered a full skirt with all the brands that represented the ranches in the Association of Ranches...and wore it the day she and her husband checked into their hotel. She overheard one of the older rancher owner's comments as they checked in, as he was commenting to another rancher, "Now that young filly has really been around!!" She carefully folded up the skirt and put it back into her suitcase in their room and never wore it again during the meeting.

Notice the brands in the Railroad Crossing: the SM, the Rocking M....wonder if in our genealogy if we are long lost relative or two there on their ranches....I know there are 96 descendants from a great aunt went to Idaho in 1900...
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 AM

QNSue..so glad your BF is doing okay.
Everyone...us retreaters had a wonderful time last weekend but being able to share this virtual RV quilting is really special. How I've enjoyed catching glimpses of your lives through your beautiful blocks and chatter. And on top of that, I know I'm a better quilter from the things that I've learned from all of you along the way. A big thanks and.... how about another cup of coffee?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 AM

If you are going homeward bound, a cow person, have saddle and no horse, you have to depend upon the 'shank's mare' to get you home...from the range. Cowboy boots were not made for walking; just riding(heel of boot was different size and inward slope of heel. No cowboy would ride a half of a block, they would rather ride their ponies. "Shank's mare' was a term for having to walk there.

With the virtual RV, we travel in style, not even using our thumbs to hitch hike...or ride our ponies far and wide.

Drink your coffee and have a piece of my Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate cake made with duck eggs. Four of them made a cup full of eggs. Start with a fudge cake mix ( I use the one without milk in it) add 4 eggs, 8 oz of sour cream, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1/2 cup of water, one small box of instant chocolate pudding, and 1 package of mini chocolate chips. Mix dry ingredients, then add the liquid; making sure the chips are covered with mix and pudding, so the chips will not sink to the bottom of the pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Frost with powdered sugar or chocolate frosting.

If chocolate is not a favorite favor, try substituting lemon instead of the chocolate...using lemon or vanilla pudding and vanilla chips. We liked that too. You do not have to make it with duck eggs, unless you raid the RV for eggs.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 AM

Yum--I love riding in your virtual RV, QNS, although I've put on a few pounds. I'll just pretend they're virtual pounds!!
Do duck eggs taste the same as chicken eggs? I thought they were pretty large eggs; am I right?
GGal, you're right about learning so much on this Pony ride; not just about quilting but about things like blue headed turkeys and duck eggs. I love it!!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 AM

Duck eggs are bigger and more protein, and do not run all over the fry pan. Four made a cup full into the ccccake. Its earned them a bye from the fall table, as dh wants to eat their eggs all winter and who knows we may let them hatch young ducklings in the spring. The eggs have good flavor, not like the rubber geese eggs.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:44 PM

I love this pony ride! The virtual RV is always welcomin' & comfy.
Sue - I'm glad your BFF's surgery went well. Your stories are always so informative.
Honchey - I hope we do git more PC riders. That can be fun, though it is sad that there group didn't work out.
Jan & GG - I have, also, learned so much. The laughter & camaraderie are great!
Now whose got the marshmallows????
Old 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM

I think this group is great and checking new messages each day can be a highlight.

Bev---we have some JUMBO marshmallows...the kids always like those best! We're happy to share. Great night for sitting by a fire and wrapping up in a quilt!

I didn't have much time for sewing this week, but should have time tomorrow and several free afternoons next week. Hoping to finish a couple tops for a local hospice house. Also want to get some more PC blocks together. I just have about 10 more to cut fabric for. These four quilts are the ones I want to have completely together (quilted) by the end of the year. (2 hospice, 2 PC...all twin size)

I have another retreat in October, but not sure yet what I will take to work on that weekend. Dh would like me to make a lap quilt for a friend of his, so maybe having a couple days all together would be a good time to do that...we'll see.

carrie
Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 AM

Ggal970 you said is beautifully about this group of wonderful "friends". We have sewn together for more than 2 years and I feel as if we are friends even if we have and probably never will meet.
I will have 2 beautiful quilts that I would never have made without the encouragement of everyone on this message board.
This is where I am first thing in the morning and last thing at night, cause I don't want to miss out on any of the chatter.
I am now thinking about joining the New York Beauty sew along started next month.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:04 AM

Talking about jumbo marshmallows...I just saw them a few days ago...when I get the cravings for marshmallows I eat the mini's right out of the bag...I don't think I can do that with the Jumbos...can you imagine a sweet potato souffle' with the jumbos on top???? amazing!!!!

Last edited by Honchey; 09-21-2012 at 05:11 AM.