Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 38 Rambling Road & Rain or Shine Photo page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 38 Rambling Road & Rain or Shine Photo page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 38 Rambling Road & Rain or Shine Photo page

Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I'm sure you were glad to have him home for a spell .... and as you said, now life can resume to normal, and you can find more quilting time!
Poor guy ... that almost sounds like you're glad to see him gone!! Oh Oh!!!!!!!!!!
That's ok QuiltE, I must admit (not to him though) that I enjoy the peace and quiet while he is at work and most importantly next to no cooking and cleaning and washing etc etc oops you didn't hear me say that

Roll on Wednesday
Old 09-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
That's ok QuiltE, I must admit (not to him though) that I enjoy the peace and quiet while he is at work and most importantly next to no cooking and cleaning and washing etc etc oops you didn't hear me say that

Roll on Wednesday

I'm sure at times you must feel you live two lives .... the single woman, foot loose and fancy free! ... and then when he comes home, back to being married! The problem being that you have more time on your own, and thus, when he comes back, it seems like an interruption to the norm! Poor Guy ... though I'm sure he understands!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

I'm sure at times you must feel you live two lives .... the single woman, foot loose and fancy free! ... and then when he comes home, back to being married! The problem being that you have more time on your own, and thus, when he comes back, it seems like an interruption to the norm! Poor Guy ... though I'm sure he understands!
We have been married almost 35 years so I am sure he understand me by now, and we have been living this life for almost 10 years, when he is home he goes fishing a lot or potters in the garden, he caught some nice fish this time, mainly barramundi. We have always had seperate interests and hobbies.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
We have been married almost 35 years so I am sure he understand me by now, and we have been living this life for almost 10 years, when he is home he goes fishing a lot or potters in the garden, he caught some nice fish this time, mainly barramundi. We have always had seperate interests and hobbies.

A good match, that's been working for a long time!
Here's to many more happy years together, for the two of you!!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:46 PM

My DH with the latest catch, barramundi is the best eating fish
Attached Thumbnails barra-times-two.jpg  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Lots of chatter this week...I like it... All the blocks are the same pattern and the fabrics make them so very different...I finally got this block finished...I had a very difficult time of it...I mirror imaged it and found that very confusing...I just couldn't get it put together correctly...after pressing it and looking at it I said to myself "how did you manage to get it backwards after all that planning". Now when I look at it in the photo after scanningit...it's the way I planned it...What is wrong with me!!!! Now to conquer the second one for this week...
honchey, i love your fabric choices... very nice block

(NB, have a look at the 'claws' on the bottom right block, bottom row... you have them the wrong way around dear)
xxx
Old 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM

You are mistaken Jacquie...my block has an ingrown claw! have to take it to the doctor
What does NB stand for?
Old 09-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Mirabelle--looks like a very good catch. I showed my son (12 yrs, the fisher in our family) and he said "those are some nice fish!" Then said he thought they looked like bass. We had to look up some more pictures of barramundi. He just brought up a catfish (~3lbs) from the river. I guess he thought we needed to fill the spot in the freezer from lunch today.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM

Carriem that was yesterdays catch and this is what he brought home just now, he is downstairs filleting them now, you can't beat fresh fish
Attached Thumbnails twins.jpg  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:55 PM

Honchey...I saw the ingrown too but had to look hard to find it. I don't think the doctor is necessary!