Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB QUILT-ALONG wk 39 Sugar Bowl & Summer's Dream

I'm so glad that you are doin' better DD. One day at time. {{{HUGGS}}}
    Mirabelle - I remember last March wishin' I had some o' your rain. They say our lakes need 30" o' rain ta git 'em full again. We just don't want it all at once like ya got.
    I'm really likin' all o' the chatter we are doin' on these threads again. It feels like comein' home.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
    Thanks ALL I am feeling quite a bit better today, it is difficult to hold this girl down! I did make some progress on my PC blocks WooHoo!

WOW Mirabelle! good thing you didnt get washed away!
    That's great news DDamsel .. now stay in recovery mode, so you can get some more stitching done! "_
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Here is my Sugar Bowl Block. I won't get the second one done till we get back from our camping trip next Thursday. This took some work as I ended up just cutting the pieces down and re-sewing them. I like how this one turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Oh, It's so cute!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Oh ladies, the blocks are so pretty this week. I pieced my blocks except for the 9P in the center of SDream as the cuts don't play nice with inches and rotary cutting. Wish I would've used different fabrics in it. Oh we live and learn! I was thinking that sugar used to come in cubes and maybe that's why the block looks so rigid.
    Glad to hear you are in the stitchin mode again, DD. Mirabelle, you've rains to contend with now. We have cold--55 degrees F today. Won't be long and snow will be blowing in from the NW.
    Attachment 368123Attachment 368124
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

JeanieG ... ITA with you, that it does look quite nice. The colours and fabrics work well together to give it almost a candy-floss sense to it. Can you tell I am in fair mode?

OKSGlad ... That's HOT! As I type it;s 4C which in your world translates to 39F and makes more sense to me. Am I that old? Getting colder for sure ... and it's a damp cold these last few days and the coming week looks much the same. And then we should have some Indian Summer soon, I hope, too!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Love your block, Jeanie-reminds me of cotton candy!
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Jeanie, your block was worth the effort. It really turned out nice, and you used dots too. Very nice! Have fun camping. It's nice that you and your DH can go tripping. Do you meet some of the same people every year?

Have fun camping, Jeanie, my dh refuses to re-winterize the travel trailer, so it just sits there. He wants me to sell it; I do not want too, so I use it for storage.

Love the block with dots; I saw strawberry ice cream with sprinkles. Its a nicely done block and that feels good, doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Jeanie, your block was worth the effort. It really turned out nice, and you used dots too. Very nice! Have fun camping. It's nice that you and your DH can go tripping. Do you meet some of the same people every year?
    We belong to a camping group that goes out Monday to Thursday the second week of every month. My husband and I really look forward to it. Where we live in CA we don't need to winterize our rig. We live about 15 miles from the coast, nice weather all year around. I was born and raised here, so don't do well in extreme heat or cold! LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast