Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along wk 42 Sunshine & Trail/Covered Wagon Photo Page

QE--a couple more great blocks! Your phone has good contrast...the words remind me of a phone cord.

Thanks Everyone! .... though the full speed churning didn't happen yesterday. By the time I got back from looking for the backing and getting my new glasses, my eyes were just out of it. They were so dry and sore that I knew sewing was out of the question!

JeanieG
    ... even though my blocks have stayed on the design wall, I find I don't remember what I have done before, so I totally understand what you're saying!

DublB ... Yes, I did hesitate. What I really like is how the one main colour is tying together the jumble of the scrappy look, that wasn't happening with the FWS as I had absolutely no consistency!

JanRN ... ITA the words meandering in the telelphone fabric help with the movement. And too, with the bigger pieces, I knew it was a way to use this fabric, so the words would show.

CarrieM ... Never thought about the telephone cord look, but yes, it does!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Sorry QE I'm so trying to visualize Sunshine Sam with a gun in his hands. Or is it an evil diabolic Sam laughing sardonically? Or better yet a man of law and order making life all sunny for the Western folk. Okay I am off now.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Sorry QE I'm so trying to visualize Sunshine Sam with a gun in his hands. Or is it an evil diabolic Sam laughing sardonically? Or better yet a man of law and order making life all sunny for the Western folk. Okay I am off now.
    I know ... I just couldn't resist the irony!
    The fabric had The Outlaw printed with our man ... you can see part of that in the corner of the block.
    Fabric acquired thru our swap ... maybe the original owner has a story!

Beautiful blocks as usual everyone. My Sunshine is done. Used some fabric I picked up on Thursday night. I have the owl in 414-sunshine-may-10-2014.jpg different colourways. Also picked up batik skulls in 3 colourways.
    Working for a living interferes with fun, but it pays for it.

Oh great owl fabric. I collect owls - guess I'll have to find this fabric somewhere!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Great FC! Lovely owl! I love it! (y)
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

W4Me ... a cutey owl all nicely FC! Now you have me anxious to see the other owl colours ... and skulls too! Are you having fun>

Wow, that's an eye catching one! Love it!!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

JeanieG - thanks. Fabric.com Search for owl batik in case the link doesn't work.
    https://www.fabric.com/SearchResults...3-26a376046a5e
    dublb - thanks. there were several different owls to choose from for the fussy cutting but this guy just called to me.
    QuiltE - thanks. This is the fabric with the least colour. The link above should give an idea of the other colours. And search under skull batik for the other fabric. I'm having a terrible time. This is such a chore.
    Anael - thanks. Funny, but it is not a favourite of mine, except for the fussy cut sleepy owl. I guess there isn't as much contrast as I would have liked. But that is not a bad thing and the block is growing on me.
    Working for a living interferes with fun, but it pays for it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast