Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 AM

I want to wish everyone a peaceful,healthy Thanksgiving.....
dublb, prayers coming your way...stay strong..
Carriem...your TT and pillowcases are so cute..wish I had your energy
JeanieG...are you going to head the "Easy Street" project??...
Jan,How are you??
Qns..lucky you...I better check the email I deleted..maybe I won too!
My news:The trees are off the house...still have to cut them up..as far as we can see some small damage to the house.. Son is moving out today....Dh & I both have pneumonia...still recuperating...Coughing is the worst part..
I will be posting new thread today for the updates to the PC Club...
Attached Thumbnails athena-aftermath-007.jpg   athena-aftermath-010.jpg  

Last edited by Honchey; 11-20-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM

Oh Honchey - rest & git well soon!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

Oh the loss of the trees and the damage to your house, Anne. But it "could be worse" as we say out here in the Midwest. Not much consolation when you are struggling with pneumonia (been there, done that). Hope you can rest.

dublb--there's always a new day tomorrow, take care.

Thanksgiving wishes to everyone. It's the favorite holiday here. All we have to worry about is fixing food and enjoying each other's company. DD and family come Wednesday night. DS and BIL--not sure. Have bedrooms to tidy up. In other words, clean off the partial quilts so real finished ones can be put on!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM

They are sayin' that it is her heart, again, th'smornin'. No angiogram nor angioplasty, 'cause o' her age. I'll go & sit w/'em latter taday. Right now my aunt is there.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM

So sorry about the pneumonia Anne, I am prone to that too! I'm nursing a cold also. Oh so sad to see those old trees falling. I bet your glad to have them off your house. I'm surprised that they could be taken care of so quickly, what with all the damage in your area.

dublb - it is so hard to see someone that old get sick like that. I lost an uncle a couple months ago. He got a brain tumor, and because of his bad heart they could not operate.

Anne - I pm to Patrice about Easy Street, but she did not get back to me. I think someone else is going to lead the project.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM

I'm back! I had trouble getting my password reset so I've followed as a lurker this past week.
Dubib...so sorry for the tragedy in your town. I saw it on the news too. And now with your family members not well. Having been through it before can be a two-edged sword but try to make the best of it. Many people are praying for you and yours.
Honchey...so sorry about the pneumonia. I had a cold most of October and still am not 100%. Kind of sucks out the energy. I'm glad there wasn't more damage to your house. That's amazing.
carrie...what nice handy work. Your family is really lucky and you're so thoughtful.
Oksewglad...love your mini quilts. I also like the UFO idea and sharing tips and progress. Just so many pretty things to make.
Jeannie...I have my fabric for Easy Street and got a new blade for my rotary cutter yesterday. I'm looking forward to the kickoff Friday. I don't do Black Friday shopping.
QNSue...no more gobbling turkeys in your yard. Now to figure out what to do with the Guinea hens. They do make good watch dogs but having several could be a lot of noise. Glad your ducks are "safe." Your GS looked like he also loved being at DG's house. You made some great memories with him.
Jan...how is the house sale coming? With working, and doing the fun stuff like quilting, you must be as busy as a cat on a hot tin roof. BTW...yesterday they announced that the explosion in Indy is being considered a homicide.
Anael...how is your DDIL doing? You must all be on pins and needles waiting for the delivery.
Mirabelle...hope you're doing we'll. Have you decided whether you will do Easy Street? I picked out a pattern to work towards with headers and Enders. I just have to make the habit of using headers and Enders. Baby steps for now.
QuiltE...I can always tell when you're gone. The chatter diminishes noticeably. I'll be so happy when you are landed for the year. I do hope that all of your work efforts have been well received and well paid. You have to be an asset to any group!
If I've forgotten anyone...please forgive me. It was not intentional. I just didn't take the time to read through posts and make notes. It's so good to be back!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:11 AM

We are SO glad to have you back too gardnergal! I don't do Black Friday either - hate crowds!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:52 AM

Busy place this morning; so glad to hear from everyone.

Anne, its easier to replace "Materialistic things" than people as I have always heard it in my family. Sorry about the tree damage, they are good sized trees. Hope you both feel better real soon. We used to think, growing up in the mid-west, if we got a bad cold (cough) a week on the beach in sunny Florida would make us feel better. Well, that did not work in New Mexico or Texas or Florida. Maybe it would work in California.

Welcome back, GG. Good to hear from you. Also missing QuiltE's chatter.

I do have a lot of UFOs I would love to finish, if we were to go that route.

Weekend past with family and now some 19 friends will be here on Thursday. Busy trying to think of everything; third trip this morning after shopping on Friday and Monday....remembered paper cups for the small children. Light bulb finally lit up this morning on how to do my 22 pound butterball....I am going split that bird into two halves....and put into my two large roaster pans...each will set on a bed of dressing, each made a different way, with chicken thighs and drumsticks (legs) in the stuffing. Sage & spices in one with oysters; other one will have onions, celery, apples, poultry seasoning and plain bread. Have fresh jowl and bacon to go into the baked beans, with the incoming HAM.

First we stuff the turkey, then we stuff people with the turkey, trimmings and sides and dessert. May all of you have a very good Thanksgiving with friends, relatives, and family. Remember to spell "stressed" backwards for "Dessert"
Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 PM

WOWIE!!! did I miss alot!

anything you ladies want to tackle I would be in for we could even have a bi monthly FW "tea party"

I will be around more in the coming months Im sure... and like BigBrother.... even when you cant see me, I am "Always Watching"

Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM

Hello all

Hope your preparations are going well for tomorrow. We will be going to my mom's (my parents are divorced). We provided the turkey (dh gets one from work, but one of my BIL's does the cooking). I am also taking meatloaf and birthday cake (my older sister's birthday is Friday and youngest dd's birthday is Saturday). My dd likes to "share her cake with Aunt Kim". We baked the cake tonight and mixed up the meatloaf so not much to do in the morning. I might even sneak in a little sewing before we head over!

For those who just have a "regular" Thursday...hope your day is "happy" too!