Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 02-02-2017, 04:31 AM

Sue, It sounds like a wonderful trip. I am supposed to meet a new friend in the Ft Worth area some time in March. We are talking about meeting in Weatherford & to go to the Gibsons. The fabric section at that Gibsons sells is Moda & usually sells for $4 or $5 dollars less. Yes it is last years Moda but w/that kinda price who cares?
I am back in Brady. DM is able to take care of herself now. It was hard to leave her. I cried for a couple of hours as I drove back. It was hard to leave her. I was so glad to be home though. DH & all 3 animals were thrilled that I was back.

Last edited by dublb; 02-02-2017 at 04:34 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:14 AM

Dublb, be careful and watchful in Ft. Worth. Mayor there has encouraged all the Muslims to come into his city there and there has been so many tales of destruction and harm to citizens shown on the news lately. Very scary.

Yesterday was fun...today not. Positive attitude helps, and I am struggling to have one. It is a bit dented at the moment. My cat missed me yesterday, was so loving when I got home. Sun is shinning. Life goes on.

I am going to get the wild geese flying done...as soon as I can and finish the S&W by adjusting the outside border row to fit the rest of the quilt. Not good, but workable. Cannot see well enough to know what happened on the two quilts with one eye, life will go on.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Memphis, where my kids all live, has just become a 'sanctuary city'. I'm pretty upset about that. Nobody's safe in a sanctuary city. Why would any city want to do this????? My kids are in God's hands and care.

OK, a day with the CPA! No wonder you needed some fabric shopping therapy.

Bev, it's wonderful that your mom has improved enough to take care of herself. I'm sure it was hard to leave her, tho.

I have to take hubby's computer in for repair/ virus removal, AGAIN. He is not computer savvy and has welcomed many harmful things into it, unknowingly. Over and over again! It used to be 'our' computer until I gave up and bought my own laptop that he is not allowed to touch. No one uses it but me. This was supposed to be my stay home and sew day... oh well.

Please keep our Givio in your prayers... I don't think she would mind my telling you all that she lost her granddaughter unexpectedly.

Hope you all have a good day and find some joy along the way!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:49 PM

Huggs & prayers for Givo!!!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 07:37 AM

It's nice to read your news, girls.
I just haven't felt cheerful or energetic lately. My daughter-in-law is so sad, expressing it a lot. I like to be a listening ear to her. My son says nothing.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:13 AM

Mpre hugs and prayers coming your way Givio. Its sad to lose a granddaughter , daughter. If your son doesnot say anything, it may be hitting him to hard to talk about it.

Wish I could grow a 'happy' plant for everyone including myself. Or Rose hips that made a good tea that would comfort people. Dh is iin a Grrrrrrr mood. I bought hiim herb plants that he ask about and now he forgot he ask and does not feel like replanting them... I am getting tired of his attitude; try my best to make him happy before I think of myself. Sun is shining and life goes on. Sorry to complain here. Need time in my QR, it makes me feel good even if I just pet the fabric! Great joke, Honchey.

What do you call a rabbit that wears a kilt? Hopscotch.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:08 PM

So sorry for your loss Givio. I lost a nephew at the age of 16 around 25 years ago. It is such a shock to lose someone so young. My sister still has a hard time when Nick's birthday and date of death comes around.

QNS - yes, I find my husband sometimes does not remember things that have occurred recently. It is a little alarming. Then I think, I have trouble sometimes coming up with a word that is on the tip of my tongue!!! My 75th birthday is coming up in April, I guess I can excuse my lapses on my age! LOL

Old 02-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Yes... pet the fabric! Do something nice for yourself. We can't make the grumps in our life happy, but we don't have to let it drag us down too. Life's too short!

My hubby said he would repair an ornate screen door as a favor to a friend. He forgets it's been 20 years since he was a very skilled wood worker. Since that time he has put his hand into a bulldozer radiator, chopping up the tips of his fingers, and had several accidents where very heavy things fell on his hands and crushed his knuckles. His hands are now very clumsy and akward and he can't do the fine work he used to do. So he takes that door home when he should have said 'no', and has been trying to work on it (replace a rotted out bottom) which involves digging out his ancient power tools and material. Things have been going badly. Wherever he cuts the wood to replace it, it splits and falls apart because that door is old too! So he left his open truck and tools in a rage and won't go out and put them away. They've been rained on once already and more rain is coming. It literally turned him into a monster and ruined his mood for a week. He has been surly to me, and I had nothing to do with it. Yeah, QNS, it gets tiring.

I have an extra sewing area upstairs that I will be using more until he snaps out of it.

Givio, we are holding you and your family up in prayer. Give your daughter and son time to process it. Losing your child has got to be the worst thing that could ever happen in life... and for you too. (((((hug)))))
Old 02-03-2017, 02:45 PM

With 51 years of practice, and trying to be uplifting in attitude we can communicate if I give him some room to vent. At breakfast this morning I said, " If you were to move the larger table out, you would have more room to walk through the garage"...and waited without saying any more. He called me this afternoon after getting back from town, and said can you come help me.....so I did. He put the one table on top of the other one and had more room all the way aaround and was happier with it and my cats and their feeding table. He was put down so many times by his parents, I try never to put him down. And besides, I am not perfect! Shock ! LOL!

Peace reigns again...for a while. I will take every moment as a blessing as long as it lasts. Amen.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

MrOK and I seldom fight...we may disagree once in a while, but he's more moody than I...I just steer clear until he's ready to talk or the mood goes. And he does the same when I'm the one in a funk.. We are lucky to have the Grands nearby...they never fail to bring a smile...it truly is a blessing. We always contended we would beat the odds when we first got married so young..