Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-30-2016, 05:50 PM

Lots going on, just want to thank all of yinz for the suggestions on my border. Still contemplating (which means it's still rolled up and sitting on the shelf). Jeanie, it measures about 74 x 86; if I had to do it over I'd have made 2 quilts or some table runners. I don't need another large quilt.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Thanks all..FYI...the postcard is one I made...I dropped it off at the local Binky Patrol collection site this morning...nothing like having company to get the house cleaned...once in a while when I'm on a cleaning binge...kids ask "who's coming?"
So true, OK! I hate cleaning the house. I'm a big Proquiltinator!

I did get mixed up about the postcard quilt. So nice of you to donate it.

Jan, hope we didn't make you more confused about that border. We all had different opinions! If the quilt is too big, maybe omit the border? I really like how you set your blocks straight rather than on point. I was glad to see how that looked. May do that myself.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

I think I have a brown thumb most days...so nice to see that others don't...Thanks for sharing...
Old 08-31-2016, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

QNS that is a beautiful African Violet. They are so pretty when they bloom out like that.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

JeanieG your quilts are so pretty. I have a couple to finish that I started for lap size on the train ride.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:16 PM

JuneBillie - I just found the Train Ride #1 Tabletopper! It just needs a backing. I have completed 3 items so far this month, that needed so little to be done (at least to the flimsy stage). I revised my Excel UFO listing to bring it up to date. I have one item on the UFO list I don't even know what it is!!!!! Crazy! I went through and labeled all of my UFO's, which stupidly I had not done, and could not remember the names of. I have about 3 items that are in block stage (BOM type things). So if I can come up with sashings, I can put them together. My FWS 30's quilt is on the display wall (at least the part that will fit), I know I want white sashings, but having a heck of a time with the cornerstones. I am wondering if I just cut squares from all the different fabrics I used if that would work??? Decisions, decisions!
Old 08-31-2016, 05:14 PM

Ok, * sigh* you make me tired with all the things you get done! Good job!
QNS, What a beauty! Did you use an African violet fertilizer? Any tips? Mine doesn't get so many blooms, waiting for that though. It didn't die yet, that's the main thing. lol
Old 08-31-2016, 05:47 PM

I picked up some special soil package when I bought the two violets from Wal Mart. It was not 'violet soil' 'cause they did not have any. It said it kept the plant from being over watered and not underwater, so I choose it. I water them every third or fourth day, being careful not to over water them. And they are in a North window, small ones, so not much direct light. I am surprised how well them seem to be doing, (knock on wood). I fill two plastic measuring cups with water and let it sit a day or two before I pour it into their pot...carefully holding the leaves up, so they do not get wet. I think that all helps... we will see what happens down the road a ways. Meanwhile, I am enjoying them.

You all have a goodweek now. Good night.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:02 PM

We are in Midland. We got here by 3:00PM. My hair appointment was at 4:30. so we did good. Especially after being delayed an hour by having to fix the fence before we left. We were real close to being ready when DH discovered the fence was all tangled up. Once we got it all taken care of we were so confused that we left several things.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:55 PM

Just a note to let you know that DH passed away early this morning. Finally free from all pain.