Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-15-2016, 06:08 AM

For quick short cuts in quilting go to U-tupe, Jenny Doan fo Missouri Star Quillting Company. I have her on face book, and try to save her ideas every time. Quick and easy, and why didn't I think of theat? Thought Eleanor Burns was good, but Jenny built a whole town in Franklin, Mo., really brought the dying small town back to life. A man cave, different shops for novelty, etc, sew machine shop to buy them, LA in the second story that does a hundred quilts a day. Places to eat, a retreat to teach, etc.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:55 AM

QNS, I agree, I think Jenny Doan has made a name for herself! Her YouTube's are so popular, with lots of good ideas. My sister and I recently did the Disappearing Hourglass block, scrappy, twin size. I think she might have been the one to get the craze going for so many of the disappearing patterns.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:06 AM

Ladies, Love the progress..

Bev, in the fall I start to wheeze at night when I'm laying down so that's when I take the singular...it's not funny but sometimes it sounds like musical notes playing in my throat!!!
Old 09-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Good morning! Yes, Jenny Doan is amazing. I think what has made her popularity, above all else, is her wonderful personality. Who wouldn't love her? I have yet to go to Hamilton, but would love to see it one day.

Today is house cleaning, bill paying... YUCK. Maybe I can get it done quick and get back to my quilt.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

QNS I have said it before, and I will say it again. I love your morning pictures of positive thoughts and encouragement.
It sure is a beautiful day today. The sun is shining, and it's not as hot as it has been. My little fur baby is sitting at my feet. I am planning to put up some fabric today that has been sitting around. I am trying to clear off a wooden sewing table that my dad gave me of mom's so I can move it to another room. It is special too me. I have a lot of mom's sewing tools dad gave me. I have a couple of big wooden hoops mom used in hand quilting, but I doubt I use them, because they feel awkward to me.
I have so many things in my house to get moved around and plenty to move out. Just a lot of accumulated things I don't need now or have room for.

I have had to hand sew in spurts lately due to some carpel tunnel in my right hand, and I am right handed.

SBG those are all such pretty plaid quilts.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 09-15-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:11 AM

No more pictures from face book here. QB says no. Sorry folks. I will abide by what they say.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

Yes, isn't it a shame that we are not to be allowed to use those memes for exactly what they were made for: to share happiness and encouragement, or maybe a chuckle? Sad, sad, sad. I've also received a "board infraction" notice today for sharing deaths in the family, and family situations here, rather than in a personal diary thread. How dare I converse with my friends in this thread about anything other than quilting? We are all just quilting robots and not real people, after all... right?
Old 09-15-2016, 12:42 PM

We have each other's email, which we need to use and abide by the rules here. It is a great place to talk about quilting and share our quilts and quilt ideas. I can offer my cell phone number by email if anyone wants or needs to 'talk' to me about the off limits conversations here. I have been there for friends 24/7 before and will always be there for friends. That is what friendship is to me. Strange that we have been able to do it for about six or seven years, but rules are rules. If we use the service, we need to abide by its rules.

As long as our children were at home, they abided by our rules. Privileges comes with rules, and its for our own protection, too, that we obey what they tell us with a smile. Too bad readers cannot follow us that want to, but there are reasons for rules. Life will go on with smiles.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

I am embarrassed that if someone goes to my profile it shows an infraction for Language, so it sounds like I used bad language, but it was some religious word I used.

Yes, I am thankful for this board. I guess the world is getting so politically correct that it's affecting everything. It's sad though as others have said.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 AM

Hi Everyone, I received my "scrap"box from you Nina, You really outdid yourself!!! I have to admit I'll be sharing some of the yardage you sent...LOve all of it..Thanks for doing this..My group will appreciate the donation..The box was so stuffed the corners were slightly broken and the fabric bulging out...it's a good thing it was taped closed..