Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-19-2014, 11:23 PM

I am gonna vent!!! I am mad at my #1DSis. I will be over it by tamarrow but tanight I am mad. She & I are makin' our nieces some denim purses. I am supplyin' the denim & usin' my embroidery machine ta put their names & a design on 'em. She is constructin' 'em (on the sewin' machine that I gave her.) A week & a half ago I sent an e-mail w/20 designs ta choose from for her ta choose 4. She waited till Wed ta pick 'em out (I even had ta go ta her house ta git her ta do it.) They were off sale by that time. (Yes I paid for 'em.) Anyway I got 'em downloaded Wed evenin & got several o' 'em done yesterday. Early taday she said that one o' the names needs ta be purple instead o' red. (I don't have a problem w/that in o' itself.) Then taday I spent most o' the day w/DGN. (Her DGSon) I am tired rignt now. Well She called & said that she accidentally cut one o' the designs out wrong. (Again not a problem in o' itself. I'll do it again.) We talked for a bit then she wanted ta know if I was gonna git the rest o' the designs done tanight so I could I bring 'em ta her in th'mornin'. I said that I if I went in there right now I'd just mess up & I'll do 'em tamarrow. Well she put pressure on me ta do 'em tanight. She said that she wasn't like me & couldn't start her other projects till the purses were finished. Then she mentioned all the other projects she wants ta do by Christmas. She finally realized that I wasn't gonna do 'em tanight but said that if I got the energy ta go back in there ta give her a call. NOT. If I want ta go in the sewin' room I won't be callin' her. (If I had the designs a week & a half ago The purses would have been done by now.)
Thanks ya'll for lettin me vent. Tamarrow I'll be all over this & she & I will be gittin' along just fine. I just needed ta vent about it tanight.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:49 AM

Good to hear from all of you...My trip to De took an extra 1.5 hours sitting in traffic.. traveled 5 miles in that time.. tractor trailor jackknifed across 2 of the 3 lanes.....we made it to Bingo but I didn't win..DSis won 55$....After that...The baking marathon began....2 and a half days and roughly 1,200 baked cookies later, I was ready to fall into bed...Bev, we also had a few words..Her:too big, take some of that jam off, don't yell at me.. Me: you're yelling at me!, I never made these cookies before...We're not done for the night yet??? I got a hug, a present and a big tin of cookies and "Thanks for all your help Honchey" when I left yesterday afternoon...All in all another year to remember
baking the cookies...I hope her shoulder is healed by next year .
I will be resting from my trip by trimming the rest of the tree the kids missed and wrapping some gifts...picking up some of my little messes and hopefully reconnecting some wires on a sewing machine that only sews backwards...it's such a pretty little machine and I want to get her going the right way.
Carrie, the blocks are so vibrant..it will certainly be an eye popper when done...
Jan, I like your way of baking cookies..
Nina, I can't wait to open the box no matter when it gets here.

Anyone making a special or traditional dish for Christmas???
Old 12-20-2014, 10:52 AM

Bah humbug, no Christmas cooking here, no one is coming to our house, just dh and me. Kids live out of state, no money or time to come. Thanks to all of you, I did get to bake a few cookies. Jury is still out on them. And feeling blessed that we do have each other.

And I did contribue to the neighbor widow whose eight kids are coming home with their families for her Christmas. Fixed big crock pot of Chili, and packed a box of homemade stuff for her to use. Yes, she is a lucky one that can afford it, but its Christmas and she is a very good neighbor to have and will visit with us. And her kids all help out with the food and the fixing, etc. Will see her again after the New Year comes and the children and grandchildren all go back home.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:49 AM

This will be a first for Bob & I...I want to do lunch out on Christmas Eve and then just have tidbits for the evening..Possibly a Ham for Christmas Day..I'm going to try a different glaze for the ham...brown sugar/mustard... I'm not sure if the "Kids" will want to have dinner with us as they will already be stuffed from being with their parents for early dinner..Not sure of any arrangements for the 2 days...

QNS, It's so nice to have neighbors that are neighborly... I have one neighbor left that was living here when we moved here in 1969....Her children would babysit my son...now their children have children...I remember it like it was yesterday....
I have to go out now to see about that HAM!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

It seems like. I'm getting to be a "silent" member here of late, but guess what? I can now talk after 3 weeks. Sent off package to NC this am after an all nighter. 1 doll quilt and bedding, 1 flannel quilt, and 1 denim sock later...Sorry no. Pics--not a priority this morning. Pleased that was only $18 priority mail to send and should arrive Tuesday. Talking freezing rain on Monday so rushed the sewing not taking a chance of being late. DS#3 flies in Sunday night--hope fog prediction doesn't happen. DD coming Wed, nephew also. SIL on Thursday. Santa's workshop is not closed yet. Better make the best of what's left of the day. Will resurface sometime next week. Until then take care.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 PM

Well DSis & I got along just fine taday. She didn't know that I was unhappy w/her. I guess I held my temper well & just stood firm. I hope that I can continue ta not loose my temper from now on. The reason it gits ta me is I spent most o' my childhood & part o' my adult life w/her tellin' me what ta do. If I feel pressure from her I git hot under my collar. DH said that he was proud o' me for not givin' in.
I did git the rest o' the designs finished taday. I'll take 'em ta her tamarrow.
I appreciate it so much that ya'll let me vent.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:41 PM

That is what we are here for dublb! We love you gal, anytime you want to vent, that is fine with us! I'm sure I am speaking for the whole FWS crew!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Power Poster

Sometimes venting is so much better than holding it in.....

A quick post--finished new DIL's Christmas stocking tonight and took a pic. Not as detailed as GC #10's ( little one skating on a pond with a tree in background) so went together quickly. Looks like I have to push out the toe a little bit. With new baby on the way (yup Grand # 11) I will have another one to make next year.....
Attached Thumbnails 2014-dil.jpg  
Old 12-21-2014, 06:53 AM

Oksewglad, I love the stocking!!!! I hope you don't mind me making a couple of these...They are so cute!!! I have a ton of jeans that are begging to be cut up...leaving the integrity of the "seam" makes it special... You've been so very busy while you've been "away"
Old 12-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Very cute, OK, but those late nights are going to get to you if you are not careful. Do take care of yourself, please.

The I SPY is in the mail to be delivered Monday or Tuesday. The backing picture of Thomas the train:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503241[/ATTACH]And the front I SPY :[ATTACH=CONFIG]503243[/ATTACH] Along time in construction, its a relief to get it done, but very happy to give it to the two year old boy.
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0045.jpg   1-dscn0043.jpg