Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-14-2015, 02:58 PM

Carrie - that room is coming together wonderfully! What a great many years of fun for you and your daughters to enjoy in there!
Old 02-14-2015, 03:27 PM

Carrie, what a great space for all the crafting & sewing..I'm jealous!

It's snowing now, not windy yet, that's supposed to start late tonite.. Packed some groceries in shopping totes for the trip...and...yes, Jan there's another storm coming after this one which includes the south...we're traveling south along the coast until after DC then pick up 95 around Richmond...hopefully if there's snow it will be gone by the time we're in that area... I'm counting the days...I hate the cold now..too much of it this winter....
Take care & stay warm..I forgot it was Valentine's Day...
Old 02-14-2015, 05:31 PM

Thanks all for the compliments...I am very excited about my room. It has been a long time in the planning. I am sure there will some rearranging over the next few months to get things right.

I am praying for those who are sick or who have sick ones in their families.

I've enjoyed seeing some projects in progress and finished. I hope to have something to share soon.

Big Hugs!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Love it,Carrie! Thanks for taking the time to picture and to share. It looks like you will have room to grow as well.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:38 AM

2 hours ago you couldn't see 50 ft in front of you and now the sun is shining!!!! still cold & very windy...
Old 02-15-2015, 10:30 AM

No snow here, just cold and the power went off for over 2 hours. Our neighbors all apparently had power. But they fixed it, and ten minutes later it went out again until they fixed it less than thirty minutes later.

keep warm and safe everyone.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:41 PM

Honchey - I just love your stars! I hope ya are able ta git ta NC safely.
Carrie- I looooove your sewin' cave!
Jan - How did your "plumbers" come out. Hopefully not too wet.
Jeanie - I have seen several o' Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts & I agree that they are very busy. I think the sashin' in between will be really nice. Great idea!
OK - I"ll have ta pass the cupcake idea along ta DD. My DGK's will be thrilled next year.
Sue - that's a lotta chicken ta can!!! I bet it'll be wonderful next summer!

Friday DH & I went ta Brady. Thurs evenin' was his last dose o' his blood pressure RX. It has been ordered for over a month. The trackin' # said that it wouldn't be here until Tues. DH had left some in Brady on purpose. He wants it ta be there so he wouldn't have ta pack it. Sigh We had ta go so he could git it. It's not as if I didn't want ta go!
When we got back taday there was a note tellin' us that we can pick up the RX on Tues as they had tried ta deliver it on Sat. LOL
Old 02-16-2015, 05:31 AM

Brrr good morning! Wow is it cold! Air temp is -6 and windchill is -35. Guess who IS NOT going out today!!! It's a good day to stay in and sew; I guess I could clean but nah, I'd rather sew. Going to throw the ingredients for chicken soup in the crock pot for dinner. We're luckier than New England but I'm still whiney.

Bev, I'm on Synthroid and tried doing the mail in for it. It never came on time, they'd lose the original written prescription, or wouldn't let me know when it expired. It was less expensive but a real time waster when you added in all the phone calls, emails, and waits. Lately I've just been getting it filled at the pharmacy and paying a little larger co-pay. I hate that about insurance--you pay for it and when you try to use it there are snags.

Going to finish up the QOTS mini blocks and hopefully finish binding a table runner. Have a good one, ladies.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:51 AM

Too cold to do anything related to being outside...had to let the faucets drip so the pipes wouldn't freeze..2 areas of the old (80yrs) part of the house might not be properly insulated... DH just shoveled the walks..I don't know why.. we're supposed to "hit the jackpot" with Octavia and He'd have to shovel again!!! We're not too sure about the roads on Thursday...have to keep glued to the weather channel...
Mail away drug company shipped with tracking and the post office couldn't find it 11 days later!! Poor Boston,,7 feet of snow so far...
Old 02-16-2015, 07:57 AM

For your information, Quilt in a Day Sale today features the First Ladies Quilts book for $9.98. Terrific bargain and great stories. I am hovering over the order button....undecided.

Dh is ready to go to town, so I had better get myself in gear here...take care every one!