Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-15-2015, 05:42 PM

Hey Guy's, I'm back! I had a great time! I spent Sun night w/my DCousin in Katy (E o' Houston.) Mon I drove ta DD's house in Kingwood (N o' Houston) in the rain. I haven't driven in the rain in at least 15 years & certainly have never driven freeways in the rain! It was bit scary ta say the least.
Mon night DD had a roast in the crock pot as it was the day her DH was ta come home from a Gulf Coast rig. She was happy ta see me but was thrilled ta see him. (He programs the measurin' equipment on those rigs.)
Her DH also had ta go in ta work on Tues. DD, DGK's, & I went ta the San Jacinto monument. Gosh I can't believe that I haven't seen that monument in all o' my 53 years. That evenin' we went ta my DH's Aunt for supper.
Wen. my DSonIL was called out ta another rig! So DD & I change our plans. I had planned ta stay till Sat & drive ta Brady. DD decided that she wanted ta go ta Brady on Fri. Wed & Thurs we made inta sewin' days w/the kids & w/DD's DMIL. Friday we drove ta Brady by way o' Austin. Me followin' my DD. We also drove by my DGM's grave before we got ta Austin. At my DGM's grave we found some things that we need ta take care o'. I am so glad that we stopped. In Austin I got lost. LOL There was a stop light & so I got behind. DD called & said ta just stay in the left lane. LOL I stayed in the left lane right onta a left exit!!!!! I pulled over & pulled out my GPS while DD pulled inta a Taco Cabana & got me an address ta put inta the GPS. 2 more flyovers later I was back w/DD & had a great meal at Taco Cabana. DD got her hands on my GPS & set it ta match the one on her phone. LOL, the rest o' the trip was a bit on the straight forward side anyway but DD didn't take any chances.
Once in Brady. we settled in for a nice relaxin' time but it didn't happen. On Sat. e went inta town ta git food for lunch & ta grill hamburgers for supper. We went in DD's Sequoia as it has the boosters in it. When we got back the DGK's were between the 2 Sequoias & noticed that mine had a flat. Sigh on a Sat afternoon. The only place in town that would do anything about it was closed. Someone called him & he said that after his wife got off o' work he'd meet me at the shop (right next ta a Shell station/convenience store.) Once we were there he took the tire off & it had a split in it. $250 later I had a new tire. This mornin we woke up & DGD finished her skirt we had been workin' on then we all packed up & went home in opposite directions. I am so glad ta be home! DH hugged me for a very long time.

Last edited by dublb; 03-15-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:07 PM

It looks like I wrote a book again!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:22 PM

dublb...you had quite the week!

I had a long week too. DD and I left around 8pm Tuesday night w/BF to go to the retreat camp. We got there a little before 10 (stopped for some ice cream on the way) and unloaded/set up for the week(end). Didn't feel like starting anything that night so visited for a while with the ladies who went on Monday before heading to bed. Wednesday I worked on a quilt I am donating to a hospice house and also helped DD with her quilt We went into pick up some groceries in the afternoon, but otherwise stayed at the camp all day. Thursday, more of the same, finished the first top and have all the rows ready to be sewn together for the 2nd one. DD got the quilting done and 3 sides of her border on (she was doing QAYG). Friday DD decided she wanted to add one more row to her quilt so did that and the border. We went to check out the 2 quilt shops in town. DD picked out her binding. I worked on oldest DD's graduation blocks Friday...or tried too, besides helping DD, I was helping a few of the other ladies with quilting questions, plus Friday supper was our group, so that took some time. Saturday....didn't get a whole lot done..cut a few more fabrics for the crazy quilt blocks and then set up for BF's bridal shower. Got a nap after the shower and then a massage. I worked on cutting some more fabrics. DD finished her quilt before bedtime Saturday and was very happy about that!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 PM

It sounds like ya had a wonderful time Carrie!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Jeanie, how was your trip? Just curious--do you have a sewing machine in your RV or do you do hand sewing while camping? My quilty friend & her DH have a Harley Davidson Trike with full packs and they ride it cross country staying with friends or hotels. She packs hand sewing to take with her.
I have a little Brother sewing machine that I keep in our RV. I used it a lot when we were doing the FWSQ and the FWPCQ. I always took already cut out blocks along to work on. I sometimes take scraps that I want to cut down into squares and my Sizzix die cutter, as that is easy to work on too. When we went to Phoenix in Nov/Dec - I worked on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, cutting and sewing together HST.

dublb - So glad you are back safe and sound! I missed your chatty messages! Sounds like you and DD had a great time together.

Carrie - sounds like and DD got quite a bit done on your quilts. What fun!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:34 AM

Love yoiur message, Dublb and Carrie's too! Its nice that you all share the good news of your days and makes us feel a part of that fun.

And love how Jeanie does her quilting on their RV trips; she may get more quilting done on the trips than I do in the sewing room...QR.

Everyone have a great day..its 50 degrees and getting warmer here.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Just a quick note...now that I'm home I have lots to make up for, several deadlines to meet the next two weeks, but at guild did get a picture of my 9P mini project...remember the jar[ATTACH=CONFIG]513833[/ATTACH] Here's the quilt top[ATTACH=CONFIG]513834[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails start.jpg   gladies-large-mini-quilt.jpg  
Old 03-16-2015, 08:24 AM

Are you nuts???????? Wow! That is awesome, OK--I'm stunned at how small those 9 patch are. And I'm whining about 4" blocks??? That is beautiful and I love the layout. Great job and I'm kidding about being nuts LOL I think. Your work is stunning-the blocks all lay flat and your corners all line up--wow!
Old 03-16-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Love yoiur message, Dublb and Carrie's too! Its nice that you all share the good news of your days and makes us feel a part of that fun.

And love how Jeanie does her quilting on their RV trips; she may get more quilting done on the trips than I do in the sewing room...QR.

Everyone have a great day..its 50 degrees and getting warmer here.

Yeah, you are finally getting warmer weather. It has been really hot here - hope this heat wave dies down soon.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:19 PM

WOW OK, the blocks are mini but the quilt isn't... how do you keep it going straight???

Everyone seems to be very active.. Bev, I hate getting lost especially in the rain then a flat to boot !

Carriem, busy as ever...It's a good feeling when a quilt comes to completion..Your daughter must be very proud of herself...

Went to a guild meeting today and had a lot of fun...first hour is for show & tell then the second is work on projects..
came home for a bit then spent the rest of the day riding around Myrtle Beach stopping at different stores..didn't buy any fabric..didn't have time to really look..DH had to be at an appt. by 4 PM..
I am now resting..isn't it something how tired you can get just riding around... Time for me to start dinner..catch you guys later..H.