Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-17-2015, 12:15 PM

Not sure about the gold and white....did you try a deep blue? Anne? or a silver blue.grey?

It may look different when you are next to it than looking at the picture here. I am sure you will make it look great.

Decided not to sell my old Chrysler; may need a second car if the first one breaks down. Unhappy with US Cellular people in my hometown for misleading information on the cost of the new 'family' plan...did not tell me up front the monthly fee or the total start up fee. Not the hundred a month but more...doubling my old bill. Grrrrr. Then mislead me on the phone and said she was 'sorry' today when I pinned hr down on figures. Failed to get a copy of the contract until today...I am not a happy camper. Guess I am stuck for two years, then I can change again. My phone is hooked up to go through the radio when we are in the car....well, it did today....it broadcasted it at high volume, about blowing us out of the car! Not ready for that. Refused to call anyone until we had stopped and shut the car off.

Just not really for the high tech of today's lifestyles.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:11 PM

Mystery #8

I have one more border with the gold piece to complete the stars but with a much wider purple border...the purple is from a new line of American made fabric that I got in NJ.. Haven't seen it anywhere else.I have to wait until I get home to buy it.. I am pleased with how it turned out.. Now to start working on # 9 to finish getting it assembled.

Nina. I was thinking of getting a different phone service and thought you got a good deal..I'm glad you mentioned your disfatisfaction... We don't text or send photos, just talk..The new phones are so big and I don't like to carry a purse. I'll just wait until the phones we have die or batteries are no longer available...

Pardon DH's feet..Gee, kind of reminds me of Sponge Bob
Attached Thumbnails dscn2498.jpg  
Old 04-18-2015, 05:19 AM

Love the purple, Anne, and those 'feet' are cute! What size is the quilt?

I am disappointed in my hometown store, but I did get four phones on the plan...dh loves his tablet and can access the web with it, and his flip phone. Friend has my flip phone in New Haven, Mo. And I have the Smart phone...still learning how to use it. And the two...tablet and smart phone was only two cents, so I guess they make their monies back in the next two years....saved $300 on the tablet and about $50 to $200 on my phone. They were not honest about the monthly charges with me and that was the disappointing part of the deal. The two were costing half as much, so the four just doubled it...which I guess I should not complain about that....unlimited talking and texting Nation wide....and that saves on long distance calling...on all four items. Hand-free in the newest auto, so that is a safety feature, too.

Our youngest daughter and her family will be here next Wednesday evening. So looking forward to their short visit. And see how much grandson has grown. So dh and I will clean house early next week. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:23 AM

Old 04-18-2015, 05:45 AM

Nina, it will finish 52" x 64" with the 4" last border..it was so easy & fun to do. I will now go on to finish the next one..
Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Way to go, Honchey...looks so cheerful....Sponge Bob...

Enjoy the new sofa, dublb...

Yesterday QB and I had a good time on the local shop hop...we didn't hit all the shops..just the closer ones. We hadn't been on one for ages so was fun to see what new items the gals were bringing in. So many of our local owners are such nice everyday people....

Now back to the work outside...playtime is over..Have a good weekend...
Old 04-19-2015, 06:24 AM

Putting together plans for the June All Iowa Shop Hop, trying to decide what shops to revisit or what new ones to try.
With 99 countries in Iowa, and 99 quilt shops to visit state wide, there is no way for me to see them all in a month.

Posted in pictures the private showing revisited, more lovely quilts made by a friend of a friend. Never seen a "God's Eye" quilt before and cannot ID the star quilts in last of the photos. The 54-40 I can recognize since I have made several of those.

Bad sinus attack last night; need recovery time today. You all have a good weekend.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:07 AM

I have some pict's! I loaded the picts onta my Mac Book Pro, then resized 'em.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517384[/ATTACH]

This is the mini I am gonna teach a class on. I will teach about glue bastin' & stress free SID.
Attached Thumbnails mini-northern-lights-modified-class-.jpg  
Old 04-19-2015, 09:10 AM

Here are 3 pict's o' my new sectional.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517385[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517386[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517387[/ATTACH]
Yes, DH has always sat on the floor! LOL
Attached Thumbnails new-sectional-1.jpg   new-sectional-2.jpg   new-sectional-3.jpg  
Old 04-19-2015, 09:13 AM

Here is what I have already quilted on the swap quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517388[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pc-swap-quiltin.jpg