Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-04-2015, 01:55 PM

Wow - you guys are way ahead of me in getting your blocks ready for the new quilt. I usually just print them out a week at a time as we go along. I will probably just piece them, if I can. I really do not like PPing! You saw how far along I got on the "Stars" blocks! I only did eight of them and that was enough for me. I did make them a smaller size.

Jan - if you really don't want to do this quilt for your friend, I would just tell her that you really don't like to quilt for anyone but yourself. If you are pressured into doing this quilt, you probably will not enjoy it at all. Just my opinion!
Old 06-04-2015, 02:03 PM

Jan the last time I was asked ta make a quilt for someone I priced it sky high. They didn't come back ta even tell me that they didn't want me ta do it. I really didn't want ta. I did say that I could walk them through how ta make it but they didn't even respond ta that either. Made me happy.
I did really enjoy teachin' the class though.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Just waking up from a nap...I was bushed..we served over 200 people for a funeral lunch today. I usually man the dishwasher..we do use disposable plates, but there are cups, glasses, silverware, and serving dishes. We "kissed the cook" having only a few sandwiches and desserts left..salads gone and I enjoyed the last glass of milk. Typically we make open face sandwiches (12 dozen buns) and salads and desserts donated..my lettuce salad had large head of romaine, some fresh kale and radishes from the garden, a couple of shredded carrots topped with a Roma tomato. Salad dressing was on the side. Now feeling refreshed from well deserved nap.

I stopped at LQS for my Iowa fabric I had on hold...I wasn't going to buy any then decided I really should make at least one of my patterns from the fabric...I may do that tonight and have Naomi drop it off at the shop when she goes in tomorrow with kids..

It sounds like you are so enthusiastic about the upcoming quilt along...I should get the FWS and PC organized to sew along with you. I think it will wait for a while...

Sew glad to hear all the comments to your dilemma, Jan. Many don't realize this is our hobby and we do it for relaxation..Later friends.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:30 AM

I know you all are busy, but I send an email out to all of you worth watching called Pinwheels on Point from Jenny Doan at Missouri Star Quilt Company. Wow. What a great idea to do with the fabric from the All Iowa Quilt Shop Hop red/white/blue fabric or Bev, with the Texas fabrics. Super easy, super quick. Love it. Would love her 'square up' tool for four and half inches too. Cool idea.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:38 AM

I watched this, thanks for the "heads up" QNS! Really cool quilt!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

One of the negatives of country living is our slow internet...takes forever to watch you tube videos....grrrrr
Old 06-05-2015, 02:43 PM

Sorry, OK. We are in the middle of nowhere that is somewhere and we have the fastest connection possible here, and it is quite nice...speds right along. Not as good as straight from space, like Hughes net, but it moves along.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

I have hughes net, but refuse to pay more for their upgrade..DDIL has, and service isn't any better than ours....oh well.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:21 PM

Ok, our phone bill company furnishes us with computer and TV service, so its all one check every month, cheaper than Direct TV or Dish TV. Our name is in their book, but that is the computer line, so market persons ring the Fax machine and not us...funny at times...we cannot answer surveys or the 'trips' they offer. or whatever they are selling.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:16 PM

Oh! I love that Pinwheels on Point! Thanks Sue!