Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-06-2015, 05:51 AM

Honchey, are you all right ? and made the trip great, I hope.

Dublb, you are most welcome, everyone else, too. OK, I sent an email with directions, and hope that works so you don't have to worry about the internet speed you have. Smart phones are probably a better deal for you.

Lost the wedding invite and then found it again so we are on the right day to go this evening at five. (church is right behind our house) Lost my friends letter with her check for her phone service but found it again this morning. Doing laundry and freshening up my pantsuit for this every.. . dh is going after his altered pants and shirt and bed for this evening and to re-fix his weed mower at the small engine place that fixed it here in the local area. ( We are known to 'mix' up dates and days, so we double check everything so we are not on the wrong day or week).LOL! Life goes on.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

A busy day ahead, QNS.... I recently held a check instead of mailing it as the recipient was going to be coming here. When he arrived do you think I could find it? So wrote another check...Now to find it to avoid the original. Re: smart phones...cell phone reception also poor down in the valley. I'm just left high and dry. Thanks for the email recap..

Batik city scape blocks all cut..Now to clean up the scrap mess..Emily coming to sew today... have a good one...
Old 06-06-2015, 07:12 AM

Hi Everyone, It was a little trying with all the rain..we had to stop sooner than expected because of road conditions and an accident..just 90 miles sooner which was fine by me.....the second day the weather cooperated .just some misting until we reached 3/4 of the way to Calabash..then the sun came out big time!!!.. I'm still a little tired.. my backside is still a little sore..not much meat there..it's all in my belly & hips
It feels strange having my car here..I introduced her to her new home

Bob has started the weeding.. the modem guy is her now.. got to go
Old 06-06-2015, 06:25 PM

Good ta hear that ya got ta your second home Honchey.
Sue I went ta a weddin' taday too.

Taday was a crazy day. Ta start with DH & I went ta an estate sale yesterday & I saw 3 cabinets that I really wanted but not for the askin' price. I did know that taday they would be half off. We were some o' the first ones there th'smornin'. We paid $22.50 each instead o' $45.00. I had ta go ta the PO after that. Then we had ta be in Stanton by 2:00PM for a weddin'. A lady that used ta work for DH got married. Stanton is a 30 min drive. Then we had ta be at DDIL & #1DSon's house for DDIL's birthday. It was BBQ chicken. Now I'm very tired.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:26 PM

Sounds like you had a really great day Bev! Great buy on the cabinets!

I have been packing for our vacation that starts Monday. We are heading for Morro Bay with our RV group, then Thursday we are going to Tahoe, then Lassen National Park. From there we are heading up into Oregon and Washington and ending up at Whidbey Island, WA where our friends live. We will be there for the 4th of July, and then head for home via the Oregon Coast.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:32 AM

Jeanie, all my favorite places to visit ! So enjoy each and everyday of the trip.We 'honeymooned' around the Washington Coast line fifty years ago next summer. Also traveled the ferry route from Horseshoe Bend, Vancouver Island to Haines, Alaska, to Anchorage and down to Kenai, Alaska, three years later.

Our neighbor['s wedding was lovely; hope both are very happy together for a long time, but our age there are no guarantees in life. It is just one day at a time. Disc Jockey kept turning the music louder on each song and we ran for the door to escape the noise. Catch up with them next month and have them over for a meal.

Our ex-Texas neighbors have an adopted granddaughter graduating this year, so the Pinwheel on point will be her graduation gift as soon as I can finish it. Sadly, the mother tried to leave current man, who apparently beat her to death...on her last days on earth in the hospital...brain dead. So young and so tragic. Leaves behind three daughters from three different men who have gotten to know one another although they have been raised in three separate states.

Everyone have a good week.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:19 AM

Well, the wireless router is finally working..the way it was set up didn't give me much room to connect the Ethernet and I was typing my last post bent over on my knees..The service provider is closed on weekends and a tier 2 tech by phone had to figure out what was wrong.They changed my password in the office when I called to re engage the service but didn't change it as far as the connection.. Weird!!!

Jeanie, never got to visit that part of the west coast when visiting my sister..wish I had...

Bev, I love to shop estate/ yard sales..I got a corelle server and a ladle for $2 yesterday ! Great buy on the cabinets!

I bought coffee creamer for my coffee at the hotel and when I packed it didn't realize the top wasn't totally secured and I got drips and drabs on the fabric I was going thru in the hotel and now it's all Hazelnut flavored and I have to rewash it...yuk! I had plans of cutting some of it for the new ride..guess that's going to have to wait a day or two.

QNS, I looked thru the notions on MSQC and couldn't find the square up ruler...doesn't she usually sell the stuff she demos on the show? Let me know if you can find it..
Have a good day all..H.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:17 AM

Its called a Block Lock square up, if that helps.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:27 AM

Block Loc is the name on their site...look under 'just in notions almost to the bottom of the page. I tried to copy and paste but could not in this new Chome setings like I used too. Sorry, hope this helps, Honchey.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:54 PM

Something else came up & we haven't gone ta Brady yet. If we don't leave tamarrow I think I will burst! We do have a some stuff packed in the back o' the Sequoia. My DGM's buffet, the sewin' machine that DH let me buy from another estate sale yesterday (it's a cute li'le thing) & 2 o' the cabinets that I bought on Sat. I'm gonna work on the SBS project that I have there.