Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Honchey is at her destination...Jeanie will be leaving soon...QNS is shopping. Hope all is good . Honchey don't cry over spilt milk..I mean cream...hope you get to Brady..nice score on cabinets.

I'm trying to get ready for our trip next week...so much to do to cover all bases while we are gone...and family arrives as soon as we get home.. so will probably be AWOL. Later
Old 06-09-2015, 06:13 PM

Hi Guys, I went to Bingo tonite & won $38..cost me &40 to play I've been very busy the last couple of days..DH's brother & family are staying in Myrtle Beach and we're going out for dinner tomorrow nite.. We spent last evening with them & their grown grandkids.. Twin boys that just graduated high school.. Thursday I'm going to a LAQ with one of the women in our sewing grou..It's about a 40 minute ride and she likes to have someone with her when she travels...

I haven't been sleeping too well at night...I toss & turn all night...my brain just won't slow down and be quiet..I'm wondering if Melatonin will help....

Safe Travels to all of you that are going on the road...I'm set here for awhile.. Little by little organizing the "stuff" I'm going to leave here.. I have colored some of the PPing patterns that I printed & cut out..That's as far as I got.
I have to start preparing the new thread so I can hopefully post it by the end of the week..
Have a good night all ..H.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 PM

It was a long day with miles that we traveled to six quilt shops...the company was fun, I was the last in each place and last out...made me feel like I was at least 85 years old today. And I was the one who left the passport in a shop...Crazy RedHead found it and is sending it back to me. Just 21 miles from Belle Plain at one time. Yes, I found some reproduction fabric of the 1930s and the red, white and blue to do the Pinwheel on point.

Have penciled in the last Wednesday of the Month of June to make one more trip in Iowa to hit our favorite places, but will see if we can work it out or not. Did line up Ann with a couple of manufacturers of fabric for her shop.. . so she can buy direct and save money. Hope to stay home for a couple of weeks...time will tell that tale too. Take care.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:35 AM

Still tired from trip; wake up feeling 'down' trying to think positive. Got Hnnchey's email just now.

Checked on my cancer insurance claim, and no records there of it and I found out the reason why. It was still sitting in my paper file...It onlly took about three hours to straighten that out and fax and email it into the company.

Dh brought in cherries to clean in the middle of that had a phone call and a neighbor came by and i did up all the dirty dishes. Dh wants his cherry pie. Neighbor was here in response to my call I had a quart of cleaned strawberries for her and couple pieces of fabric I found on the 9th.

Now to ry and finish the paper work and get back into my QR today. Take care everyone.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:47 PM

Not much sewing here in JanRnland. MrJan & I have been visiting bathroom showrooms to try to decided what to do in our bathroom. Only thing we can agree on is that the tub is going--15 yrs ago we put in a Jacuzzi tub/shower combo. Used the tub 3 times, only take showers. And it is the devil to clean, so no tub in new bathroom. Having very heated discussions over color, tiles, flooring--would be easier to NOT remodel.

QNS shopping makes me more tired that cleaning all day but it sounds like you had fun.

Anne, that video made me cry!! Found so much of that type stuff when we cleaned out my mother's house. We had so many records and ViewMaster reels. All of our prom gowns (OMG I can't believe I was that thin!). Sold or donated a lot of those items. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:54 AM

Oh Jan, I know what you mean about remodeling... Before I die I want to have a six foot old fashioned cast iron claw foot slipper bath tub..they re porcelain them..the ones they can save..they go for about #3,000 and DH won't go for it.. I find tubs to be very relaxing & therapeutic. for me anyway...
I have starched & pressed all the washed fabric that was "creamed"

Now that I have my car here, I really haven't traveled much with it...My inlaws stopped by last night and we all went out for dinner..The meal was wonderful!!! DH & I will go back to that one....I have put on 10 Lbs...have to get on the bike and go to the pool the waistband on my shorts is a little tight!!!!
Well, Everyone wherever you are have a good day!!! H.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Dodged some nasty weather last night....most of heavy rain was south of us in and around Carrie...hope all's well with her...also saw storms pass through QNS area. (I'm a Weather Channel junkie when I need to watch Radar)

Trying to clean and pack...lots to do..later
Old 06-12-2015, 09:28 AM

Anne, we had one of those old claw foot tubs growing up. It was very long and deep and held the water hot for a long time. There are some beautiful new ones out there but there's nothing like the cast iron originals. I'm just not a tub person. Everyone keeps trying to talk us into keeping a tub for "resale value"--Ha! I'll probably die here and my son can worry about resale value.

OK I'm also a Weather Channel junkie. Did you know there's an App for your phone? I have that one and 2 local weather apps on my phone; check those like most people check for messages. We also dodged a bullet last night--tornadoes about 5 miles north and another one about 30 miles east. Same predicted for this evening. Hope everyone is safe. Have a great trip!

I had some scraps out and made Block 1 and Block 68 from FWS1930s. Nothing difficult about those two. Jeanie will be happy, the majority of the blocks don't look like they need paper pieced. Didn't buy any fabric for this ride, will use scraps. Only thing I bought was some WOW crackle to use as a consistent background. Anxious to get on this ride, blocks look like fun. Started virtual baking for the RV.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:58 AM

Yes, we were lucky last night; worse was the hour without power. Thought of those linemen working in the dark, out of their warm beds at their spouse's side to fix the lines with rain, thunder and lightening. Yep, that's how they earn their pay, but I thnk of them in the storm....and say a little prayer for their safety.

Five quarts of fresh cherries, all pitted, and in the freezer from this morning's work. And I cut up 3 ten inch squares to make the pinwheels...each came out to a perfect four and one half inches. Love it when it comes out like it should! As soon as I get s section done I will post it, but that will be next week. \

JanRN, looking forward to meeting you in the virtual RV, I will bring the tea.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Here's the Quilter's Basket I've been working on..LQS added some notions. This is for a Silent Auction as a 4-H fundraiser at the county fair. Another thing checked off my to do list...delivered it to Ext Office today. Later gotta mow lawn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]522158[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522161[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf