Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-14-2015, 01:25 PM

Good luck, Dublb.

Ok, enjoy your adventures. Your little kit was so cute. Loved it.

Honche, read your new thread; looks like a good start there.

We are picking strawberries and cherries and next week is a 'jam' sessions of canning jam. Enjoy the week, everyone.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:42 PM

Bev--I am happy to hear you are feeling a peace about the move now. I will pray things fall into place for you.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:37 AM

I checked out Honcheys farmers wife thread. Wow you guys are braver than I! I will be watching that thread with much interest.

when I can sit at the machine again I promised myself I would finish up my WIPs. I have 4 flimsies to quilt down and the Tennessee Waltz to finish piecing so that's not too many, but it will be slow going.

OK, I have a bunch of my preemie quilts to hand sew the binding on all ready. I did about 15 minutes of that last night and it felt good.

ninaSue, what are you working on these days? You always have something on the go while gardening and cooking and canning!

carrie, I will watch the other thread to follow your progress with those itty bitty 6 inch squares.

bev, I missed the part about your move, but hope it all works out for you. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:35 AM

Janie, with all you've been thru you still sound like your Happy Self! Glad you're doing well.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:54 AM

Jan, love your avatar...Is it one that you've made???
Old 06-15-2015, 01:19 PM

Thanks Anne. Those are 10 of the Fifty Fab star blocks and a large center star. I don't know if I posted it before, ignore this post if I did.[ATTACH=CONFIG]522443[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails medallion.jpg  
Old 06-15-2015, 01:44 PM

It's so very pretty Jan, nice & bright!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:27 PM

It is worth seeing again, JanRN. Beautiful colors and nicely done.

i looked back to see if it was 68 or 86 you were saying was not doable...found out...wonder if I have a slim chance of getting it at all...be interesting to see who comes up with and what it looks like then.

Making slow headway on Pinwheels on point....40 (2 1/2) strips from selvage to salvage...each ten a different color....2 lights and 1 medium and 1 dark. Then 4 strips selvage to selvage 10 inches wide of a dark and a light to make the pinwheels. For a total of 13 units that you need. Each ten inch block is then marked diagonal with an X...I mark it with a red pen because you sew on each side it, a quarter inch seam. Then you divide the Vertical and hortizonal into equal sections marking the five inch midle across each way...which I do with a blue line because that is just a cutting line, not a sewing line. Press open and square to four and one half inches. The press it folded in half, showing half of the pinwheel....and attach it to the lower right of the four colored rail fence block; place the one in the opposite corner the opposite way, so they make a completed pinwheel with the next block. Sew it on the folded crease, then move over a half inch and sew it back again, cutting a quarter inch from each sewing line, putting the outer section of pinwheel into a pile to use in the border. There are 13 times 8 or 104 Pinwheels. You need 48 times two, or 96 of them for each fence rail block. It takes a while to get the rail fences done, and longer time to mark the ten inch squares. Even for four across and three down for a 56 by 69 Quilt. And I am making two; One a trial run and one to go as a graduation gift. Learn by doing it, and repeating until its right.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:50 PM

Hi everyone! We are in Reno, NV. We are leaving here tomorrow for Lassen National Park. Lake Tahoe was beautiful, I had not been there for 50 years.

Sounds like some of you are having awful weather. Stay safe!

Will check in again when I can! Time for dinner. I sure hate typing on this laptop - keys are just way to close together. I see in reading the new FWS 40's thread that we are picking up some interested followers. Should be fun!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:13 PM

Thanks, Jan, for updating Honchey on the error on Block 3 of the new set 1930s. Love the way block one looks, going for number two. I hope its OK to mention that fact here; if not, sorry.

Have three sets of four finished on the Pinwheel on point. Maybe a picture tomorrow...will see what the day brings. I stop all progress in the QB room to cook at least one meal a day for dh....to let him know that he is important around here too. Feeling better, catching up on details that had slipped by me lately. May you all have a good end of the week and a good weekend.