Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-27-2015, 08:30 PM

The couple that is interested in the house hasn't sold their house yet. They will make us an offer when they do. DH isn't in a hurry so we haven't come to the place where we will give up on them & put the house on the market. I hate this 'hurry up & wait' mode!
Old 07-28-2015, 03:47 AM

Ok, we have seen the West from Texas, New Mexico to Washington and into Canada and Alaska. Honeymooned in the Olympic National Park in Washington State. Loved every minute of it. Of course, DD lived in Denver, so we made several trips there, too. But it was always good to get back home in the Mid West...where are hearts are really at home.

Dublb, hope the good news continues on your cat. We really love our inside cat, Mega. Good luck with the new truck/car. May it get you to and from Brady a number of times.

Carrie, sounds like you have everything neatly scheduled including special times for the two of you to talk together or have "date" time together.

Dh and I have one this morning...to dress out two ducks and two chickens to can more meat. Then maybe time in the QB...to do a variety of things. Tomorrow, hope to go to town and mail a package to JanRN; duplicate that for a couple of quilters here. Working the stash down. So I can have the room for new stash! LOL!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:37 PM

Blue is home! We have her diet cat food. She will go in on Fri to get some water injected under her skin. Then she will then go again on Tues for more blood tests.
I have to tell ya'll about #2DSon tryin' to get off in time to pick Blue up. At first he didn't think he'd get there before they closed so we headed up there to pick her up. We were in the waiting room for 45 min.s. when he texted us that he had got off work & that he was headed our way. We were still in the room w/the vet when he got there. Well there were several tech's & even another vet all crowding close to the room to see #2DSon get his cat! Since he takes her up there to get her arthritis shot twice a week they all know him! I felt like there were paparazzi all around us. LOL
Old 07-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Blue is one lucky cat, Beg...
Old 07-30-2015, 05:02 PM

Yes, Dublb, Blue is a lucky cat. So glad the news is good.

I was bad today, very bad. Too much from each place went into my box in the car. Warehouse sale was wonderful five or six dollars a yard Backings at another shop, Puppy Love, was just $9.00 a yard. Three Sisters had my favorite colors and panels. Brooklyn shop had Christmas fabric at five dollars a yard. Self, repeat after me, :"No more fabric this year!" Seriously. You don't have nine lives, just one and its impossible to make all those quilts that you want to make...so Stop it!. Will not show pictures of my loot. Will not tell how many different pieces came home with me. But ohhhhh, they were so great choices and a monies worth plus on each of them....

Last stop was my house and with my stash, to give them a bit of it. They choose what they wanted from the selection, and cut it. Produce of fresh tomatoes finished off their seleciton and they left for home...on a happy note. Love days like that.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:10 PM

I'm so glad you treated yourself today, QNS--we have to remind ourselves we're worth it!!! What fun---friends and fabric. I'll never use all I have but I look at it, pet it, re-arrange it and enjoy it. And just think: this winter when the weather is bad you can shop in your own stash and not have to leave the house!
Old 07-30-2015, 05:31 PM

Well it sounds like a great time! I would have been bad too!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:43 PM

And you deserve every bit of it Nina!!! How nice of you to share as well..

Jan, Don't even think of winter yet Jan!!!! The next couple of days will be much nicer with less humidity!!!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:25 AM

It rains in the PM; then it rains in the AM; mainly, it just rains every day or every other day. Pastures are green everywhere and rivers and creeks are bank full or out. Gardens are ruined. Buying tomatoes next Wednesday to can; may repeat that for several weeks.

A surprise for Honchey will go into the mail by Monday; in an envelope. Something I ran across yesterday at Three Sisters.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:00 AM

I can wait, I can wait, No, No, No, I can't wait