Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 11-21-2015, 09:05 AM

Beautiful snow pictures, Carrie and Givio. Our snow is melting as I write this message. Back up into the forties tomorrow. Winds have died down here. So our house guest packed up and left at ten thirty...and I miss her already. She is the sister I wish I had...but time travels onward. But she has a life in Southern Mo., so we hope to see her again coming in our driveway. We worked together back in the seventies, she swears we have not changed a bit since then; but we have slowed down and she helped me 'see' various things at home and in stores when I could not see it. No sewing because I could not see where to sew; my eye was not seeing very well. Hoping for better days.

Dublb, the packet arrived here.'

I ordered the Dahlia pattern and fabric from www.Equilter.com...cannot resist lovely flowers; hope I can see to sew the pattern together. Guess I should stop the regular emails from me, then I would not be so tempted. Jenny Beyer is always tempting me with lovely 'specials'.

JanRN, please let us know when your son arrives back home. Seems a Mother is always a Mother, no matter the age of the child (adult age does not erase our worrying about them). Honchey have a safe trip back to NJ.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:14 AM

Carrie and Givio, thanks for the beautiful snow pictures! It has not snowed in our area since 1949!!!! I was seven years old, and my mom let me stay home from school and play in the snow. We use to go up to the mountains and rent a cabin every President's Weekend (4 day event here) when our kids were young. That is the only time we saw snow each year. We all loved it!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

I thought you'd gotten more than us, Carrie...6 yo Grand came with dad this morning...found the sled and spent time sliding down the hill just south of the house...what fun to watch her enjoy the outdoors..she picked out some blue fabric...she wants a skirt....
Old 11-21-2015, 02:36 PM

No snow here but a very cooooold wind. It will freeze tonight so we picked all the tomtoes, & I do mean all. We have about 2 bushels of green tomaotes. We will put 'em in the cool carport & cull out any that are turning a bit pink regularly to put in the window. We will have tomatoes for months! We are headed to Brady tomarrow. Gonna stay a week. The good news is that we will have Dish set up on Monday. That will be for cable & internet.

Last edited by dublb; 11-21-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Power Poster

Wonderful to have some fresh tomatoes, Bev...we are still eating the ones I picked when we had our first freeze, but getting down to the smaller ones..they will be gone this week..

Picked through the pink flannel scraps and "made" fabric...ended up with a 30" square of scrappy pink, brown, mint green and yellow pieces....added a border to make it a yard + square....had a pink white stripe flannel to use on the back. Quilted it with the serpentine stitch 4" apart going one way across the quilt...no batting...was able to fold extra backing to front to finish it off. Will drop it off to the local Project Linus coordinator next week. Now onto those doll clothes.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:10 PM

My son got home about an hour ago--all's well. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts---I appreciate it so much. It seems silly now that I was so worried but I really lost it when I turned on CNN this morning and they showed Brussels in a state of emergency. They warned all Americans to stay indoors--people overseas don't like us a whole lot--and I was afraid he wouldn't get to the airport. Only trouble he had was being stuck in Newark for 4 hours. But he's home and this mom's happy.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:14 PM

Hooray! Such good news!
Old 11-21-2015, 06:34 PM

That is great news Jan!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:28 PM

Well, that's a blessing, Jan. Something to mention on Thanksgiving next week...
Old 11-21-2015, 09:45 PM

Yay Jan - so glad to hear your son made it home safe and sound!