Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-04-2015, 10:35 PM

I am so glad that your neck settled down after a bit Rosy.
I do feel better & even went to Handcocks & my LQS. I did sew a bit tonight.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:56 AM

I have to tell you about an experience I had at Joanne Fabrics the other day. As you all know I'm a diehard Pittsburgh Pirates baseball fan. I've been looking for Pirates fabric forever, they just licensed it earlier this year. I've seen it on Ebay greatly overpriced. As I was looking in the aisle with team fabrics a salesperson was putting three bolts of Pirates fabric on the shelf! Yay! I didn't want to be rude and reach around her so I waited til she started to walk away, reached for a bolt and wham! A lady (?) literally pushed me out of the way and grabbed all three bolts! I said "wait a minute, I need a yard of that and I'll give you the bolt back". She laughed and said "no way, I'm taking them all". And she did!!!! I was so stunned I couldn't even argue, just stood there with my mouth hanging open! I hope it fades and shrinks LOL!!!
Old 12-05-2015, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

How rude...she could've let you have your meager yard...such is life...there are givers and takers...
Old 12-05-2015, 06:52 AM

Sorry, JanRN, that she elbowed you aside and took all the fabric...she probably sold it on EBay. This old world has all kinds of people in it. Some are very rude.

Others can quietly take advantage of you. I trusted the LQS lady and then I seen the receipt yesterday... she wrote down one third yard for every four and a half inches I bought. and charge me for the larger amount. I am taking all the fabric back with the receipt and ask if I need to get the larger amount or get a refund on the overcharged amount.. If I can find the receipt again. Somewhere in my bedroom is a remote TV that I kept in one of two places...and its not to be found.... Yep, I was doing a deep clean yesterday and filling a ton of stuff. I also left my cell phone on my desk when we went to town yesterday...and we cut the trip short to come home and check on that.. not a good day yesterday. Today has to be a better one. One day at a time. Lord help me today, I need the extra crew of Angels helping me today. LOL!
Old 12-05-2015, 08:24 AM

Jan, I'm sorta speechless too, just reading it. No wonder you had trouble responding in person. JoAnn's is out of it online also. Maybe you could keep checking ebay (and, like QNS said, buy it from her). It's $9.50 + shipping there.

QNS! 4.5" is an 1/8th of a yard!

I hope you all are well today. I'm glad it's Saturday. I want to go visit my granddaughters this afternoon. My son often uses the weekends to go house shopping, so I hope they are home.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:14 AM

Remote is found; all is right with the world.

Called the LQS, and had her check my recipt in her files; took pictures of what I purchased there.

I am wondering since I am organizing my files for next year, about reorganizing my quilt fabric and patterns too... a camera or cell phone will take a picture to put on the outside of the boxes of projects or fabric colors can all be put together by color that way. and picture posted inside or out side each box. Now if they made clear storage bags strong enough to hang on its hanger, they could just hang in a closet! That would be a great idea. ETA of finishing is Easter, at the latest date. I will be going through all the Quilting Magazines I have, and tearing out the projects for 'someday' and throw the rest away. Moved the two drawer vertical file cabinet into my quilt room to hold all the quilt folders in a file drawer. I think it will be two thirds full or full when I finish. I am thinking of organizing them by name, maybe also by easy, medium and advanced patterns.......
Old 12-05-2015, 12:21 PM

Jan, I'm working this coming Monday and I'll check for you and find out if it's available in 2 other Joann's not too far from me...I'll call you to let you know..H
Old 12-05-2015, 01:18 PM

OH Jan! I am so sorry that lady treated ya that way.
Sue, I sure hope your LQS will make it right.

Once, I went to a quilt shop that couldn't sell me a third of a yard as their computerized cash register couldn't figure it out. I had to buy a half a yard to cut four 10" squares.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Remote is found; all is right with the world.

Called the LQS, and had her check my recipt in her files; took pictures of what I purchased there.

I am wondering since I am organizing my files for next year, about reorganizing my quilt fabric and patterns too... a camera or cell phone will take a picture to put on the outside of the boxes of projects or fabric colors can all be put together by color that way. and picture posted inside or out side each box. Now if they made clear storage bags strong enough to hang on its hanger, they could just hang in a closet! That would be a great idea. ETA of finishing is Easter, at the latest date. I will be going through all the Quilting Magazines I have, and tearing out the projects for 'someday' and throw the rest away. Moved the two drawer vertical file cabinet into my quilt room to hold all the quilt folders in a file drawer. I think it will be two thirds full or full when I finish. I am thinking of organizing them by name, maybe also by easy, medium and advanced patterns.......
I laughed to myself as I thought.....sounds like a librarian.....Have you figured a Sewey decimal system?
Old 12-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Jan, I'm working this coming Monday and I'll check for you and find out if it's available in 2 other Joann's not too far from me...I'll call you to let you know..H
What a peach you are?....