Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-27-2015, 04:48 PM

I use the templates printed on typing paper. To make only one block they are fine. Some I have made more than one block, and they are still fine. I save the templates in a big envelope when I'm done. They are all jumbled up, but they are numbered and I saved the picture with the name too, so they could be sorted out if wanted. I might use some of the patterns again in the future, but to be honest, I'd probably just look through the book to refresh my mind about them, then print again what I want to make.

Yes, I've resolved to drink tea instead of diet cola. I started already, rather than waiting until Jan. 1. I'm going through withdrawal...

I've failed miserably about my goal with the FWS pony club blocks that I started in plaids. My new goal with them is to simply finish a top by the end of the year. (Top, not quilt)
Old 12-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

Family will be here until Tuesday or Wednesday...had traditional oyster stew meal today...Grands love to spend time together...girls will be here tonight, boys at DS...already know I need to read from James Herriot's stories for children...at Thanksgiving I surprised them by reading some of my published poetry in Lyrical Iowa...they didn't know I wrote...have doll clothes to finish..got the ones off to Carolina, though.

Honchey you are so right about Jan and her quilts...we haven't seen a bad one yet...

givio...good luck on your transition off soda...I need to work on reducing sugar...haven't done as much baking this season and that's helped. So the FWS is not going to linger in UFO land...good for you...QNS, I glue my paper templates to scraps of cardboard, too. And yes have doubles of several as well.

I took pictures with the miniature quilts on the tree...at some point I will post a new thread...the tree looks bare without them...

Watching the weather...sounds like we will get something with this storm...feel sorry for those dealing with losses due to tornadoes down south.

Last edited by oksewglad; 12-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:02 PM

If I glue the templates onto cardboard, I save lots of cardboard. And only waste the copy paper.

Good luck, Givio, with drinking less sugar. I quit cold turkey on Cherry Coke, and started drinking water. Amazing how much better I feel. If you want more shirt fabric il for the PC top, let me know by PM. Lots of that fabric is on the Guest Room bed to give away or throw away.

Guess we will wait and see what this storm does do, OK. Hoping for the best, and expecting the worst snow, ice and rain mix. How many days until spring?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:36 AM

I am so glad to hear that you all stop drinking coke products. I used to love a coke or pepsi or cream soda. I stopped years ago and I could tell the difference. I drink water and eat fruits, I don't even buy juices. I eat fruit that is in season and we have two pitchers of filter Brita going all the time. ..even the dogs get the filtered water.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I stated cooking on Wednesday. I made a huge pot of meat sauce and we had spaghetti that night. Next day on the Eve, I made lasagna and my SIL and husband were invited over. The next day on Christmas, I made four pizzas, two sausage and two pepperoni and we are set for the week lol.....all italian Christmas.
I had finished knitting Pinocchio and the Sugar Plum Fairy....
Attached Thumbnails dsci0021.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 12-28-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:09 AM

Wow, Rosy, those are really cute dolls!!!!! I bet you could knit anything!
OK, is your poetry digital someplace where we can read it too, or can you send it? :-) I have only ever written letters. It's quite an accomplishment to be published. Congratulations!
Old 12-28-2015, 10:51 AM

Givio - I really love your tree skirt! Did you make it?? I have one made with a large Dresden Plate pattern that I made in the late 70's. Love to see it each year!

The dolls are darling. I can knit, but cannot crochet (the loops are all different sizes - LOL), but I am sure I could not knit something as complex as those dolls!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:41 AM

Rosy, what neat knitted dolls and your animals on face book were darling~ Is your Tree Skirt made by you also?

It is a winter mix that we are getting; sleeting downpour right now...cold temps through Saturday, all below freezing. We may see the sun a couple days. Back to the QR.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:29 AM

Snowbound. Ice under the snow about one and half inches. No sight of a neighbor plowing us out yet. Hope they do... soon.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:26 AM

Hi guys, Nina, I hope they do too!! there's nothing worse than not being able to go out even if you have nowhere to go

It's been raining here for 2 days now and haven't even seen the sun shine fully...

Rosy, You are amazing to say the least... I can do a little bit of everything.Little, little and I do admire your talents..

Jeanie, I wish my sister still lived in Ca..I do love to travel! De isn't far from me but the drive gets tiresome...

I think this weather is getting me down..did some housework yesterday..I got some roll around carts from freecycle and just have to clean them up a bit..I need to get my sewing room organized upstairs.. Hate the stairs but the room is soooo big....15 x 25 My DS left a lot of stuff he doesn't want to get rid of so it will all go above the garage...Now I just need some one to kick me you know where to do it..
Have a good day all..H.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:50 AM

!!!!!!!! I have quit getting notices from here! I thought that all of ya'll were really busy & weren't posting.
We had a lovely Christmas day at 71*F. Then Sat the freezing rain & sleet came. Sunday it snowed all day & night to give us an accumulation of 8 inches. Well 8" is the official depth. DH went into the side yard, where there wasn't any drifts nor footprints to change the depth & measured 18"!!!! Guys, we have no snow plows down here! Well it is melting & the roads will be good by tomorrow. We will take a load to Brady tomorrow. My DB & his family are in town & he wants to go to Brady for the next 2 days. My DD will meet us there.

Last edited by dublb; 12-29-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: correct spelling